The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Just now, LegionWrex said:

Dune will be bigger in Europe and the like cause sci-fi like that tends to do better there anyways. International heavy film.

Speaking of which. Whoever brought up Europe not liking a lot of Hollywood output lately, surely this year changes that with MI, Oppenheimer, and Dune right

37 minutes ago, cannastop said:

People complaining about the score being loud make me wanna see the movie. I loved Ludwig Göransson's music for Turning Red so of course I'd like more of his stuff.

After listening to the Oppenheimer soundtrack, I will say Ludwig is more than deserving of a second Oscar nom (should have been nominated again for BP 2 as well imo). And I will always love the fact that it was Coogler and his Creed/BP movies who put Ludwig on Nolan and everyone else's radar. Learning that Nolan even attended the Creed premiere/afterparty at Coogler's request was too cool. Nolan has many great qualities as a filmmaker and his unpretentious nature is one of them. 

• Like 2

Just now, LegionWrex said:

Unless Zimmer wins again for Dune which could absolutely happen

Dune 2, if it doesn't move, could just be viewed as more of the same. So I can see Oppenheimer beating it in a lot of techs like Score, Cinematography, Sound, Film Editing

• Like 1

Opp is a bizarre comp to bring up for Dune. For starters, when Nolan hits, you can be sure it will be mainstream appealing. Opp is him hitting in a way he arguably hasn't since Inception. Also, Opp has tons of older audience interest that doesn’t exist for Dune. And same for even younger thanks to Barben. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

Dune will be bigger in Europe and the like cause sci-fi like that tends to do better there anyways. International heavy film.

Skew internationally, sure. But there's no way this film would've been a 27:73 in normal times, let's be real.

1 minute ago, ringedmortality said:

Dune 2, if it doesn't move, could just be viewed as more of the same. So I can see Oppenheimer beating it in a lot of techs like Score, Cinematography, Sound, Film Editing

I agree to an extent, Dune 2 is either going to be a Two Towers or a Return of the King at the Academy. Thinking maybe more Two Towers.

Dune Messiah feels like it could be a Return of the King though.

33 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Summer being May-August? 

mk so it's first weekend of May to first weekend of September, Haunted Mansion, TMNT, Meg 2, Gran Turismo, Maybe Last Voyage of the demeter, maybe strays and blue beetle, then Equalizer. So that's 8 that'd say have a good chance, still well below but it does get them to 24. That said August 2014 was pretty insane being the #2 August and only losing to 2016 by like 1mil.

I'm just thinking 5.

HAUNTED MANSION

TMNT: MUTANT MAYHEM

MEG: THE TRENCH

BLUE BEETLE

THE EQUALIZER III

Or also maybe the horror TALK TO ME?

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Opp is a bizarre comp to bring up for Dune. For starters, when Nolan hits, you can be sure it will be mainstream appealing. Opp is him hitting in a way he arguably hasn't since Inception. Also, Opp has tons of older audience interest that doesn’t exist for Dune. And same for even younger thanks to Barben. 

I have no interest in the Dune movies, even though I'm theoretically right in the sweet spot of their target demographic. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Listening to “Destroyer Of Worlds” at the gym rn and getting the nastiest pump humanly imaginable. Ludwig got the fucking sauce

Oppenheimer soundtrack is incredible. Ludwig somehow managed to turn quantum mechanics and Oppys mind into music.

• Like 1
  • Heart 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

I have no interest in the Dune movies, even though I'm theoretically right in the sweet spot of their target demographic. 

Same here. I mean I dig it. But I have no intention of watching that at a movie theater. I will eventually watch at home like I did with the first.

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Same here. I mean I dig it. But I have no intention of watching that at a movie theater. I will eventually watch at home like I did with the first.

I still haven't watched the first one, even though I use HBO Max more than any streaming service and have seen Dune pop up constantly as a recommended movie in the app. Lol

• Like 1