The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Imo, Dune Part 1 is a masterpiece, but just like every Villeneuve movie, its not for everyone. But skipping Dune 2 in theaters intentionally still sounds like committing a crime against cinema to me honestly.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I still haven't watched the first one, even though I use HBO Max more than any streaming service and have seen Dune pop up constantly as a recommended movie in the app. Lol

Add me to the list. lol I have zero interest in watching Dune or the sequel. 

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Nope. I stopped watching MCU movies with Avengers: Endgame. Hell...I didn't even see the most recent Batman movie in theaters and that is my favorite character ever. 

But will you watch The Meg 2? I mean it doesnt get better, bigger or more important than that.

• Like 1

Dune 1 was super boring. Didn't enjoy it at all.

But as with all 2-parters, I will reserve full judgement until seeing both movies.

I thought Infinity War sucked, then I loved Endgame, and now I think of both as a great 2-part film.

• Like 2

Just now, Brainbug said:

But will you watch The Meg 2? I mean it doesnt get better, bigger or more important than that.

Actually yes. I'm interested in both Meg 2 and the Dracula ship movie. Big sharks and Dracula (along with Batman) are some of my favorite stories from movies or TV shows in childhood. Napoleon is another one I might check out. Perhaps the Scorsese & DiCaprio movie as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Dune 1 was super boring. Didn't enjoy it at all.

But as with all 2-parters, I will reserve full judgement until seeing both movies.

I thought Infinity War sucked, then I loved Endgame, and now I think of both as a great 2-part film.

If you reversed every part of this post I would agree with it

Edited by JustLurking

I am excited for Dune 2 for sure. Saw the 1st one OW at home :-). Now I will see it in Dolby OW for sure. Anyway let us reserve judgement on its BO until presales start. 

Marvels nah. Did not like the 1st movie. I have not been able to even see Wakanda and Ant 3 on Disney +. Saw Guardians 3 mainly for Rocket(early show for FREE). Otherwise I am done with MCU as well. 

6 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Add me to the list. lol I have zero interest in watching Dune or the sequel. 

I just checked the HBO Max app on my phone. It shows that I did attempt watching Dune 1. Looks like I made it like 10 minutes into the movie and gave up on it. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not trying to be pessimistic, I’d just rather be pleasantly surprised in the coming weeks.

But I’m not quite ready yet to abandon the possibility that the Barbenheimer phenomenon is going to contribute to some frontloading for both films. Both were hyped up, particularly among younger demographics, who don’t exactly have the money for multiple repeat viewings.

For now I’m going with a 3x multi for Oppenheimer until I start to see some legs. 240-250 DOM total as the goal.

Barbie I’m thinking a Catching Fire type of run (fantastic WOM but still some hard drops because of fan pent-up demand). 430M total give or take some change.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

If want to watch good movie this year watch the new Terrence Malick film that is suppose to come out this year. Movie that actually has characters you can watch The Holdovers or Poor Things.  
or movie with big productions values you have Killers of the Flower moon 

Edited by Kvikk Lunsj

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Actually yes. I'm interested in both Meg 2 and the Dracula ship movie. Big sharks and Dracula (along with Batman) are some of my favorite stories from movies or TV shows in childhood. Napoleon is another one I might check out. Perhaps the Scorsese & DiCaprio movie as well. 

I watched the Dracula ship movie trailer before Oppenheimer. Somehow it looked both really bad and really great to me, i dont know why. Maybe ill see that as well.

Meg 2 is duty, that just has to be seen.

• Like 1

Oh god Marvels… yeah that trailer came and went with almost no buzz from the expected MCU core base from what I could see. What an absolute massacre that would have been courtesy of Barbie if it stayed put. Everyone would really be screaming the death of MCU. 

Just now, Kvikk Lunsj said:

If want to watch good movie this year watch the new Terrence Malick film that is suppose to come out this year. Movie that actually has characters you can watch The Holdovers or Poor Things.  

Terrence Malick films are not my thing. Dune 2 on the other hand, that is the good shit.

Killers of the Flower Moon is another must-watch.