The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

My contribution to help us get to page 200: one of my best friends, who typically sees two to three movies a week in theatres, usually different ones, said Oppenheimer may be the very best movie he’s ever seen. Is it really that good? It can’t possibly be better than older classics, can it? 

58 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

The best film of the decade is easily West Side Story

From a filmmaking perspective, it's way up there. DeBose, Moreno, and Faist are terrific. Zegler is really good. I gave it a 9/10 but Elgort really bungled the big moment imo, singlehandedly lost a point for me there and removed it from my "decade" consideration

20 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Wont happen. TFA was a movie seen by

giphy.gif

It was the definition of 4-quadrant, generation-crossing appeal. Everyone wanted to see the sequel to Return of the Jedi. 4 year olds and 100 year olds. Everyone.

Barbie cant compete against that, nor can any movie, honestly. 

Hide contents

When Barbie crosses TFA sometime in November because everything was delayed cause of the strike and Barbenheimer played through the rest of the year, ill gladly eat my food truck of crow.

Best spoiler ever! :bravo:

2 minutes ago, Dragoncaine said:

I can't WAIT for the first Mon updates tonight omg

Its funny isnt it? Back in school, i hated math, but since getting into box office, just simply looking at big numbers is so much joy.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Wont happen. TFA was a movie seen by

giphy.gif

It was the definition of 4-quadrant, generation-crossing appeal. Everyone wanted to see the sequel to Return of the Jedi. 4 year olds and 100 year olds. Everyone.

Barbie cant compete against that, nor can any movie, honestly. 

Reveal hidden contents

It might come true.

Be prepare....

11 minutes ago, parkerthegreat said:

My contribution to help us get to page 200: one of my best friends, who typically sees two to three movies a week in theatres, usually different ones, said Oppenheimer may be the very best movie he’s ever seen. Is it really that good? It can’t possibly be better than older classics, can it? 

In my opinion, Oppenheimer has all the attributes of an instant classic and is up there as one of the best films of the 21st century so far.

But that is just my opinion and yours could be completely different. Best way to answer that question is to watch the movie and judge by yourself 🙂

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Redolent said:

It’s interesting to think there were zero cinemas in Saudi Arabia until 2018, and to see Oppenheimer now grossing $2+ mil there. A rapidly expanding market in the region for sure. 

How did Barbie do there? 🫠

10 minutes ago, Redolent said:

It’s interesting to think there were zero cinemas in Saudi Arabia until 2018, and to see Oppenheimer now grossing $2+ mil there. A rapidly expanding market in the region for sure. 

Did the boobie scenes get censored for Saudi market? 

This lady is getting dragged on Twitter and not gonna lie at first I thought her point made sense but upon seeing the counter-arguments... yeah. The problem is not that Hollywood doesn't go after the female audience, the problem more often than not tends to be that the films that appeal to the female-audience tend to perform better on streaming or simply do not need blockbuster budgets or treatment; and  you can probably count with your fingers the amount of female-driven IPs that'd perform even a third as well as Barbie did (most of which are already being adapted or already have been adapted)

The exception was the YA craze of the early 2010s which stopped because aside from Twilight and The Hunger Games most of those films ended up flopping. 

Edited by 21C