The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

Top engagements

1-AMC Burbank 30  , B
2-AMC Empire 25, NYC, B
3-TCL Chinese , Hollywood CA, Opp 
4-AMC Lincoln Squ, New York City , B
5-Regal Irvine Spectrum, Irvine, OPP
6-AMC Grove 14, Los Angeles, B
7-AMC Lincoln Squ, New york City, Opp
8-AMC Boston Common, B
9-AMC Century City, Century City CA, B
10-AMC Dine-in, Orlando FL, B

Top Canada
1-Cineplex Scotiabank Toronto B ;Cineplex Yonge-Dundas , Toronto , B ; Cineplex Scotiabank, Toronto OPP (have Imax)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, Rtheimer said:

Top engagements

1-AMC Burbank 30  , B
2-AMC Empire 25, NYC, B
8-AMC Boston Common, B

Top Canada
1-Cineplex Scotiabank Toronto B ;Cineplex Yonge-Dundas , Toronto , B ; Cineplex Scotiabank, Toronto OPP (have Imax)

What a sight for sore eyes this is!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kon said:

I know. That's why I said "often".

There are a lot of TV or streaming shows directed to women with not so big budget, but still pretty popular between women.

Don't misunderstand me, it's pretty clear movies directed to women could be pretty profitable. My point is movies would need to attract women in a way that TV shows or streaming couldn't, which isn't a simple task.

PS: Action movies for men are pretty simple, since TV shows couldn't have the same budget.

Loads of YA books that appeal mostly to women could really use the blockbuster treatment as they have some amazing action scenes, but they are increasingly ending up as TV shows for some reason. Not that this is something bad exactly(Shadow and Bones TV show is very good for example, as well as A Discovery of Witches) but it does seem to be a trend.

4 hours ago, VanillaSkies said:

I feel like we’ve had to say this every day, all weekend long and still people don’t get it. Dolby, AVX and other PLFs went to Barbie. 

IT IS NOT A PLF FREE MOVIE!

yeesh

There was way over 600 theatres playing PLF both films, 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MysteryMovieMogul said:

Damn, the success of Barbie has the Box Office subreddit in a tizzy. I can't believe I'm already reading "Snow White is going to flop 100%" analysis. I feel sorry for any other movie perceived as woke in the next year, and I really feel sorry for any future films Greta Gerwig is attached to (she's apparently one of Snow White's writers!?!).

What does Snow White have to do with Barbie 

48 minutes ago, Rtheimer said:

Top engagements

1-AMC Burbank 30  , B
2-AMC Empire 25, NYC, B
8-AMC Boston Common, B

Top Canada

DC/Northern VA presence in top 10 has dwindled. We had only 1 theater typically making the list, AMC Tysons, but increase of more multiplexes near there has eased it's demand.

Barbie may be a PLF movie sure, but not really having the two biggest ticket inflators (3D and IMAX) much at all makes its OW extra insane. If we throw in that inflation and lack of capacity issues, there’s zero way you convince me it wasn’t flying past 200 OW. Maybe even more than that