The Wild Eric

C’MON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY...AT LOS ALAMOS | BARBENHEIMER WEEKEND THREAD | We’re Thriving in our Plastic Fantastic Era | Mother Mothered with 162M | Daddy Exploded with 82.4M

Your Barbenheimer weekend plans  

175 members have voted

1. 1. What are you going to watch this weekend specifically?

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

DR1 is already a theatrical bomb , Cruise gets first dollar gross

Well DR1 bombing for Paramount will certainly affect his ability for that going forward, hence his concern too 

Edited by MovieMan89

4 hours ago, baumer said:

I forgot about the Han Solo movie because it's rather forgettable. I haven't seen and or yet but I've seen mandalorian season 1 and season 2 and I love those and I also loved the first season of obi-wan.

Mandalorian is my favorite thing in all Star Wars, but Andor is the best thing. Believe the hype. It’s real.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

DR Part 1 is not a bomb. The flash is a bomb.  If DR Part 1 was the big release on fathers day weekend we would  not be having this discussion right now. 

I believe that both M:I7 and Indy will eventually become profitable for the studios. I don’t believe that’s ever happening for The Flash. 

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

I believe that both M:I7 and Indy will eventually become profitable for the studios. I don’t believe that’s ever happening for The Flash. 

No idea how Indy would become profitable unless some odd D+ sensation. Things like Indy merch and multi-media for the film are basically moot 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

No idea how Indy would become profitable unless some odd D+ sensation. Things like Indy merch and multi-media for the film are basically moot 

Indy and M:I are different beasts than all these other franchises this year. I think both will make a killing on PVOD and Blu-rays, never mind the tv rights. Home is where the actual public for these two films actually are. I’m definitely getting the 5 film box set for Indy for example, regardless the price.

Interesting that the #1 film of 2022 and the possible #1 film of 2023 are both nostalgic movies but for different reasons and completely different sides of the political/social mindsets with polar opposite audiences. (but both somehow feature fit bodies on a beach lol).

Not much to say for that as a pattern except for nostalgia and that beach thing.

Just now, jedijake said:

Interesting that the #1 film of 2022 and the possible #1 film of 2023 are both nostalgic movies but for different reasons and completely different sides of the political/social mindsets with polar opposite audiences. (but both somehow feature fit bodies on a beach lol).

Not much to say for that as a pattern except for nostalgia and that beach thing.

I think the thing is that people kinda like when movies are good

14 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

DR Part 1 is not a bomb. The flash is a bomb.  If DR Part 1 was the big release on fathers day weekend we would  not be having this discussion right now. 

Man, I had fun with The Flash, but how was that not a bomb?

8 minutes ago, jedijake said:

TGM didn't have a political narrative

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I’m definitely getting the 5 film box set for Indy for example, regardless the price.

But you're a big indy fan who I guess saw it in the cinemas. And I mean, as an Indy fan myself, I'm not watching the movie ever again (I have all 4 other movies on 4k blu). So I don't see why people are gonna give a shit when it reaches home either. Sure, maybe a lot of people will watch it on Disney+ but that's not making the movie anymore profitable. 

Flush is a disaster and Indy is a huge flop. MI7 is a huge disappointment which will ultimately be in the green unless Cruise takes too much with the 1st gross. Then its going to be tough to end up in green. 

Just now, upriser7 said:

$30M Monday for Barbie ?

Start a new thread. Even if he is slightly off, it wont be way off for sure. 

Edited by keysersoze123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Man, I had fun with The Flash, but how was that not a bomb?

The Flash might be the biggest bomb of all time.

I just hope that whenever Gunn brings the character back, let Barry dead. He died resetting the universe or whatever. I want Wallace West taking over as the Flash, this version of the Wally West:

Kid_Flash_Wally_West_Prime_Earth_0001.jp

http://worldofblackheroes.com/2014/05/01/wally-west-new-52/

It’s time. 

• Like 1