upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

11 minutes ago, dobrevv said:

They should make Barbie 2 about the studio forcing Barbie in a sequel she doesnt want to be in and how she discovers how bad the scriptwriters and visuel effects artists of the film shes starring in are treated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not really, it’s on the reader to take very early numbers with a pinch of salt. 

Not many were actually predicting $180-200m for the weekend. Hence Hollywood being in shock. 

Anyway, these numbers are crazy regardless. 

I'm not going to call anyone out but lets just say there's a pattern. Lol Not many were predicting that but it was thrown out there. 

Literally one person wrote was disappointed by Barbie 155m. 162 then in the final.

No One is disappointed by Barbie First 5 days box office, that's for sure lol.

If the usually trackers we follow are saying today LOOKS flat we're gonna be excited by the early prevision they make like for every movie. Cause apparently pre Sales exist from before Barbie the movie, and trackers in this forum too 😄Then if It's 22m It's still gigantic.

We don't need to ready everyday the early previsions are early. We know It. 

Edited by vale9001

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

Literally one person wrote was disappointed by Barbie 155m. 162 then in the final.

No One is disappointed by Barbie First 5 days box office, that's for sure lom

If the usually trackers we follow are saying today LOOKS flat we're gonna be excited by the early prevision they make as for every movie. Cause apparently pre Sales exist from before Barbie the movie, and trackers in this forum too 😄Then if It's 22m It's still gigantic.

We don't need to ready everyday the early previsions are early. We know It. 

Nah I remember more than one but still, even if it was just one person, there were ppl annoyed that someone dared say they were disappointed.  

10 minutes ago, jeffthehat said:

Yeah, a $100m+ 2nd weekend is favored imo. The only comps I have with a 5x 2nd weekend IM are Inception and TDK... both over 10 years ago. TGM, TLM, and Jurassic World average ~6x. I'd be surprised if it's below 5.5 

I had to check inception, and it just falls below the 5.0x mark. The Dark Knight is the worst case scenario, and that was falling more aggressively during the week, so a lower multiple makes sense.

The only challenge Barbie has is capacity, but, it should have equal capacity as last weekend. I think people who tried and failed to get into the sold out evening shows during the week will be willing to grab the matinees if need be.

1 hour ago, vafrow said:

I had to check inception, and it just falls below the 5.0x mark. The Dark Knight is the worst case scenario, and that was falling more aggressively during the week, so a lower multiple makes sense.

The only challenge Barbie has is capacity, but, it should have equal capacity as last weekend. I think people who tried and failed to get into the sold out evening shows during the week will be willing to grab the matinees if need be.

If it actually hits 26m 3 days in a row, I think that's about as strong an indication as any that this movie is being held back solely by capacity limitations due to having to share screens with Oppenheimer 

Edited by Cheddar Please
  • Like 2

Just now, Cheddar Please said:

If it actually hits 26m 3 days in a row, I think that's about a strong and indication as any that this movie is being held back solely by capacity limitations due to having to share screens with Oppenheimer 

Not just Oppenheimer/Universal. Disney (as usual) is putting the squeeze on theater owners to take care of movies that should have already left theaters. Meanwhile Paramount is putting the squeeze on theater owners with Mission Impossible. Disney is putting the squeeze on them again this weekend with Haunted Mansion. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

No One is disappointed by Barbie First 5 days box office, that's for sure lol.

Also a lot of people were joking that they were disappointed. The usual Flopposting and Joeverposting. None of them serious. :lol:

Barbie's BO has been nothing short of spectacular both dom and OS. It's :locked2: for over Barbillion. It's passing 500M WW today. Etc. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

People thinking Barbie could hit 180 million weren’t that off tbh. 162 million was an epic result, and as the weekdays have further proved, the sheer capacity limits of prime time showings that it had over last weekend is what likely held it back from that 180 figure. Heck, even Sundays number showed this, but weekdays have further solidified this. 

FWIW, here in Canada it’s already selling huge amounts of tickets for Friday. I’m sure some of the weekend crowd who couldn’t see it last weekend due to capacity and aren’t able to make mid-week movies due to their schedules will come out in full force on weekend #2.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, VanillaSkies said:

People thinking Barbie could hit 180 million weren’t that off tbh. 162 million was an epic result, and as the weekdays have further proved, the sheer capacity limits of prime time showings that it had over last weekend is what likely held it back from that 180 figure. Heck, even Sundays number showed this, but weekdays have further solidified this. 

FWIW, here in Canada it’s already selling huge amounts of tickets for Friday. I’m sure some of the weekend crowd who couldn’t see it last weekend due to capacity and aren’t able to make mid-week movies due to their schedules will come out in full force on weekend #2.

I mean I think a nearly 20M difference is pretty big for someone who analyzes box office numbers and was aware of capacity limits. I'd think it would be wise to follow the pros who show a bit more caution rather than going big and risk overselling. But I'll let it go now and let others have their fun. 😁 

Edited by Ororo Munroe