upriser7

Weekday numbers July 24-27

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’m assuming it will be called Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning - Part 2

At this point, they could just make M:I7 Dead Reckoning and M:I8 something else, like Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, or Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse and Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse.

10 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

At this point, they could just make M:I7 Dead Reckoning and M:I8 something else, like Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame, or Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse and Spider-Man: Beyond the Spider-Verse.

lol what??

You do understand that Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1 is like out right now, right?

• Like 1

Just now, ZattMurdock said:

It wouldn’t be the first film to change title mid its box office run. Hell, historically, it wouldn’t even be the first Tom Cruise film doing that.

And exactly how much did it help??

The problem is that your examples of Avengers and Spider-Man were announced as two-parters, but changed before the actual promotion for the films ever started. 

Just now, Deep Wang said:

And exactly how much did it help??

The problem is that your examples of Avengers and Spider-Man were announced as two-parters, but changed before the actual promotion for the films ever started. 

Idk then, they better listen to you instead. It seems to be working, right?

16 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

It wouldn’t be the first film to change title mid its box office run. Hell, historically, it wouldn’t even be the first Tom Cruise film doing that.

I'm confused by that link. Edge of Tomorrow was released as Edge of Tomorrow and it's still called Edge of Tomorrow. Saw it on one of the movie channels recently. The Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning movie has "End of Part 1" written on the screen at the very end of it, lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I'm confused by that link. Edge of Tomorrow was released as Edge of Tomorrow and it's still called Edge of Tomorrow. Saw it on one of the movie channels recently. The Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning movie has "End of Part 1" written on the screen at the very end of it, lol

It ended up released as Live. Die. Repeat..

The home release's packaging downplays the original Edge of Tomorrow title in favor of placing more prominence on the film's original tagline, "Live. Die. Repeat." Media critics believed that the re-branding was an attempt by Warner Bros. to re-launch the film's marketing following its lackluster U.S. box office performance. Posters for the film's theatrical release had similarly placed a larger emphasis on the "Live. Die. Repeat." tagline than the actual title of the film.[88][89]Similarly, some digital retailers listed the film under the title Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_Tomorrow

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

It ended up released as Live. Die. Repeat..

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edge_of_Tomorrow

Not in America. It has always been called Edge of Tomorrow here, both in theaters and home video. Take a look at the movie's title on Box Office websites: 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl658736641/

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Edge-of-Tomorrow#tab=summary

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mango said:

I’m assuming it will be called Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning - Part 2

Yeah I mean yeah why wouldn't it be called DR Part 2. By the time it comes out people will have caught up on Part One and it will have a much better release date and with better marketing it will be fine. 

1 minute ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah I mean yeah why wouldn't it be called DR Part 2. By the time it comes out people will have caught up on Part One and it will have a much better release date and with better marketing it will be fine. 

Seems problematic to have a caption at the very end of the movie that says "End of Part 1" and then have a completely different title on the next movie. They should have come up with a better title for the current movie, and the later movie could have been "Dead Reckoning" by itself. 

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Seems problematic to have a caption at the very end of the movie that says "End of Part 1" and then have a completely different title on the next movie. They should have come up with a better title for the current movie, and the later movie could have been "Dead Reckoning" by itself. 

Exactly the mistake was calling it Part 1 in the first place. Changing now would only make things worse. 

• Like 2

Assuming the 21m for Barbie sticks, that means it maintained 80% of the 26.1m on Monday.

Looking at other massive July openers for comparison:

Lion King: 71%
HP7 Part 2: 62%
TDKR: 68%
TDK: 67%
Thor 4: 68% 

This thing is a monster!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Exactly the mistake was calling it Part 1 in the first place. Changing now would only make things worse. 

I have no dog in this fight, I’ll just point out it’s funny how people seem to acknowledge that it was a mistake and still want them to proceed calling the sequel Dead Reckoning Part 2 lol. One would imagine that not insisting on the mistake would be better, but maybe it’s just me.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

I have no dog in this fight, I’ll just point out it’s funny how people seem to acknowledge that it was a mistake and still want them to proceed calling the sequel Dead Reckoning Part 2 lol. One would imagine that not insisting on the mistake would be better, but maybe it’s just me.

The end of the movie kind of forces them to double down on it moving forward. Big bold letters on the screen. "END OF PART 1." Pretty ridiculous decision on their part. They should have been more low key about it, or just used a different title altogether. 

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

The end of the movie kind of forces them to double down on it moving forward. Big bold letters on the screen. "END OF PART 1." Pretty ridiculous decision on their part. They should have been more low key about it, or just used a different title altogether. 

Sort like Dune Part 1, I gather? I don’t know, with the box office numbers, although it’s obvious that it’s getting the sequel, wouldn’t be wise to change that on PVOD? It’s such a "action movie" kind of title that I don’t see the importance of keeping the name, but then again I was mad that Endgame was called that and not something more related to the Infinity Saga so what I do know lol.