Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

24 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Seriously 😅 we got it's not doing what we thought but It's still at like 60-70M range?

It's strange to see very few updates just a week before.

It has been stuck in this consistent $6.5-7M range for a while. Using the internal multiplier of the first movie gives us a range of $47-51M (which may be an overestimate considering that was back when previews were at 7 PM and not 3 PM).

• Sad 1

Wild Robot is CRUSHING Transformers’ Thursday numbers last week here in southwest BC. Some markets I track it’s going to land around 40-50% ahead of Transformers, and in a few it’s doubling what TOne did last week.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

It has been stuck in this consistent $6.5-7M range for a while. Using the internal multiplier of the first movie gives us a range of $47-51M (which may be an overestimate considering that was back when previews were at 7 PM and not 3 PM).

Oh 

That would be very bad.  Somehow i still don't see It happens but maybe I should just accept It cause for a sequel last moment walk ups should be weaker i guess. 

About wild robot: i saw budget is 80M so seeing how good the critics reaction is I guess 35-40M weekend should be still good, hoping on solid WOM.

Edited by vale9001
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Wild Robot is CRUSHING Transformers’ Thursday numbers last week here in southwest BC. Some markets I track it’s going to land around 40-50% ahead of Transformers, and in a few it’s doubling what TOne did last week.

How many hours until we know the full Thursday number?

• Founder / Operator
1 hour ago, vale9001 said:

How is Joker doing? Is accelerating? 

Sadly, no.

For the trackers here, I'm curious to suggest looking at Alien: Romulus as a comp in your data at this stage.

Needless to say, the published number on BOT is going down again with tonight/tomorrow morning's update. Unless a rapid turnaround happens next week, it's more likely to make in total domestic gross what we once had it pretty close to for the opening.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

• Founder / Operator
53 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Oh 

That would be very bad.  Somehow i still don't see It happens but maybe I should just accept It cause for a sequel last moment walk ups should be weaker i guess. 

About wild robot: i saw budget is 80M so seeing how good the critics reaction is I guess 35-40M weekend should be still good, hoping on solid WOM.

I think it's gonna have legs for weeks to come regardless of where it opens. Wouldn't be shocked if it can pull a total run similar to Puss in Boots 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vale9001 said:

Seriously 😅 we got it's not doing what we thought but It's still at like 60-70M range?

It's strange to see very few updates just a week before.

Remember when some fanboys were predicitng the biggest OW ever for Joker 2.

Now they are acting like 60 Million is a massive sucees for the film.....

• Knock It Off 1

59 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Remember when some fanboys were predicitng the biggest OW ever for Joker 2.

Now they are acting like 60 Million is a massive sucees for the film.....

Not the biggest ever but i thought the 120-150M first was possible too 😅