Shawn Robbins

The Box Office Buzz, Tracking, and Pre-Sale Thread

17 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Btw do you guys have any Private shows? MiniTC2 has Private showe at $800 for 40 tix from THU to weekend.

Only for Beyoncé's film and only at one of the smaller chains locally.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Does anyone know why exactly tickets are non-refundable? I can't think of a logical reason why that would be explained other than *cue Mr. Krabs voice* MONEY!

My optimistic reasoning would be as an anti scalping measure. Given the reputation of the tour, maybe there was fear people would scoop up tickets at large volumes.

But that rationale doesn't make a lor of sense, as the current system will likely lead people to sell their Friday tickets, even if it's informally among friends.

The cynical reason is money. This might have been the plan from the beginning.

The innocent reason might just be inexperience. Her team may have just treated this like a concert, where no refunds is standard practice.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Grand Cine said:

@Porthos let other tracker for the Thursday , stay focus of the rest of the weekend , i think maybe @keysersoze123 could make the early access of tomorrow if he could

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

I think you have me confused with someone else. I absolutely have nothing. 

@Porthos I am not expecting huge number of shows in the last minute. Can you just take a look at thursday BO at the usual time you check for previews. Otherwise stick with Friday. I am with other poster who said this is like early shows than full previews.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

@Porthos I am not expecting huge number of shows in the last minute. Can you just take a look at thursday BO at the usual time you check for previews. Otherwise stick with Friday. I am with other poster who said this is like early shows than full previews.  

Cinemark seems to be going full fledge previews on THU.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Century Arden put up 14 showtimes for tomorrow almost immediately, including the XD screen.  I fully expect 100+ showtimes in the region for Thursday.  Maybe 150+.  Cinema West locations and Studio Movie Grill might be SOL (or not have time to scramble) due to being smaller chains.  But the Cinemarks and Regals?  For most of them, I'm expecting Damn the Torpedoes.

Speaking of Century Arden, Arden also already added eight showtimes between 2pm and 6pm for Friday.   So have a handful of others.

Edited by Porthos

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

No don't worry , Porthos was a little disrupted by the surprise of Taylor and i just say , he can just track friday and other like you track also Thursday , it was just a assumption

The Swifties on reddit are pissedddd. And rightfully so. Could you imagine that the people who aren't die hards who didn't get tickets ahead of time, now have the opportunity to see the movie earlier, in less crowded theaters and can get the merch early and guaranteed. 

Edited by eman92
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, TheFlatLannister said:

Orlando-Daytona-Gainesville 

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON

Thursday Previews 

T-9

SHOWINGS

SEATS SOLD

TOTAL SEATS

PERCENT SOLD

2.3%

*numbers taken as of 6:00PM EST

SEATS SOLD SINCE YESTERDAY

SHOWINGS ADDED SINCE YESTERDAY

SELLOUTS

COMPS 

T-9

(0.302x) of Oppenheimer ~$3.18M THUR Previews

(0.457x) of Mi7 ~$3.20M THUR Previews

COMPS AVG: $3.19M 

I'm thinking of switching comps tmrw, idk I just feel like Oppy and Mi7 are too big scale wise to really capture KOTFM. Let me know what y'all think can work comp wise 

I'd suggest using Nope and Elvis

48 minutes ago, Grebacio said:

I'd suggest using Nope and Elvis

46 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I don't believe he has either as he only started tracking recently.

Speaking of which, a DOUBLE SECRET (PROBATION) TRANSMISSION from Sacramento for all you peeps out there...

At T-9 (last night)

KOTFM = .70356x Nope at T-9 [4.5m]

Edited by Porthos
Put in the wrong percentage
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

For Eras, Friday matinee understandably doesn't seem to be selling much at all. Even in places like Lincoln Square. We'll see if it picks up a bit tomorrow.

It doesn’t help that on Twitter the messaging is that these new tickets will be on sale at 10am tomorrow. Even AMC posted that;

Edited by VanillaSkies

Cinema West managed to join the Thr party locally, at least at one location.

Now up to 83 showings over eight theaters, with one theater only having up a handful of showings currently and likely to going to expand as I see they yanked the XD showtimes for the Exorcist.

Edited by Porthos