katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

21 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

Damn is MI7 doing that eh in China really? Where do we think it can end up?

In general from what I have seen, the Chinese reviews have been like: the action's great but 7 movies in the same series with similar format is just tiresome.

10 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Do you see it making 300M+?

Easy. Sat/Sat was -31%, looking at $80M+ week 2, already over $200M. Even if Oppy holds at -35% instead of closer to that -31% going forward, it clears $340M. I’ll take the over on $350M from here, especially with that now 4 week run in IMAX

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

Wicked needs to drop Part One from its title. Nobody is here for that. 

I wonder if Ariana getting with her costar will have any affect on turnout. They are trying to claim they were both separated before anything happened, but even her fans aren't entirely buying it (that Mother’s Day post of his "liked by arianagrande" is not helping their case).

Audiences can forgive costars who hook up if they were already famous and really hot (Mr

& Mrs. Smith). Ethan Slater was largely unknown two weeks ago and he resembles Frankie Grande. Maybe the Other Woman Defense Brigade that's so active on social media will show up on huge numbers to theaters. Though the release date is so long from now, any controversy might all blow over by then.

43 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That budget comes with an asterisk because this remake was in development hell for the better part of a decade, and when these hellspawns are actually released the studio usually rolls all the failed development costs into the final budget. So that could be why the budget seems too high.

Is that some sort of legal requirement? Things like Chicago and the latest version of A Star Is Born were decades in development, so many different directors/stars were attached to each property over time, yet their reported budgets seem in line with what is onscreen. I wonder if there are tax reasons for reporting such high budgets?

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Barbie > The Force Awakens, let's goooooooooo!

Barbenheimer over not only TFA, but marking a run at $1 Billion domestic 

$650/$350 gets it there …