katnisscinnaplex

Weekend Thread 7/28-7/30 - Barbenheimer Week 2; Barbie 93M/Oppy 46.2M - Haunted Mansion & Talk to Me OW; Mansion 24.2M, Talk 10M

1 minute ago, eeetooki said:

I really want something else from Nolan. I am so sick of war movies LOL I need something like Inception!

I want Nolan to do something that's out of his comfort zone like a satire, a musical or horror.

• Like 1

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

I am willing to bet the next big movie on Metreon wont come anywhere near this on a Monday morning for sure. Let us see how Dune 2 does in November. 

Dune 2 is exactly the type of thing that would sell out though. It has IMAX exclusive aspect ratio.

1 minute ago, The Dark Alfred said:

You should maybe watch Tenet lol

I did and liked it lol I didn't have an issue with the sound. I am not sure if it's cuz I watched it in S. Korea where there were subtitles.

3 minutes ago, Claire of Themyscira said:

You kinda spilled.

I miss his Inceptions & Interstellars.

Wait, I never saw Tenet. Is it good? Robert looked hot in it.

Not Nolan's best movie but it was an entertaining movie. If it wasn't a Nolan movie I doubt it would get crapped on so much.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I want Nolan to do something that's out of his comfort zone like a satire, a musical or horror.

Satire would be great. Dark comedy. Horror would be interesting too but I am not sure how I would watch it. When I am forced by my friends to watch horror movies I spend 80% of the time hidden in their arms.

Assuming that 30.5 is the correct figure for Sunday, than we should expect anywhere from a 40-47% drop for Barbie, which would result in...

Spoiler

$16-18m Monday!!!

That would imply a second weekday stretch of roughly 55-60m, which would be on par with the first weekday period of:

The Avengers

Black Panther (without President's Day bump)

Beauty and the Beast

Top Gun Maverick (without Memorial Day bump)

Edited by Cheddar Please

16 minutes ago, eeetooki said:

I really want something else from Nolan. I am so sick of war movies LOL I need something like Inception!

We haven't had a good PEARL HARBOR or (entire) D-DAY film in decades. Would fucking LOVE to see Nolan take on a project of that scope. 

or THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS could work too, yeah I am cool w/ that

• Like 2

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but Insidious: Red Door is now at 174M and has passed The Last Key as highest grossing in the franchise.

Great little box office story playing out in the background of this summer.

So close to having each one gross more than the last.

Blumhouse would be fools not to be thinking about a 6th or reboot in the next 5 years.

• Like 3

Just now, Dominic Draper said:

Not sure if it's already been mentioned but Insidious: Red Door is now at 174M and has passed The Last Key as highest grossing in the franchise.

Great little box office story playing out in the background of this summer.

So close to having each one gross more than the last.

Blumhouse would be fools not to be thinking about a 6th or reboot in the next 5 years.

Horror fans are something else.

I don't know how you can stan a series of movies that just get worse, and then do that for multiple franchises.