Jump to content

Eric Twister

The Zone of Interest | A24 | December 8, 2023 | Jonathan Glazer (Under the Skin) directs

Recommended Posts







Yep, saw it a couple weeks ago. A very unconventional film, so much so that I don’t know exactly how I’d classify it. But it’s certainly worthy of a watch, and the Oscar nom, imo. It’s disturbing in ways I’m still working through as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



Yeh it’s the smaller moments too that are really frustrating and lingering. How could people live like that and just turn a blind eye when it’s always so present right over the wall? Sickening. 
 

I really appreciated them not showing anything too, I think that’s what’s making it linger so much, the imagination of those horrors just from the sounds. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Has anyone seen this? 
 

Only four posts for one of the nominated films.

 

I can’t stop thinking about it since seeing it last week. Really worth a watch. Those noises, urgh. So impactful. 

My favorite movie of the year. The ending is one of the most chilling and devastating conclusions I have ever seen.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



If Nolan isn't here this year, I would say this is the best directed movie of the year. Looks cold and plotless, but meaningfully exploring its theme throughout. I especially like Huller's character, she successfully convince me she is mentally capable to stay next to the camp without feeling any remorse or guilt through her subtle display of sociopathy behaviour.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Has anyone seen this? 
 

Only four posts for one of the nominated films.

 

I can’t stop thinking about it since seeing it last week. Really worth a watch. Those noises, urgh. So impactful. 

 

Yeah saw it at a film festival...I think It's the best film I saw in 2023. But it's hard to recommend.

 

Really would recommend listening to the director talk about the movie, there's a lot of insights into how it was filmed, especially the choices he made (like not being on set).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites



24 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

If Nolan isn't here this year, I would say this is the best directed movie of the year. Looks cold and plotless, but meaningfully exploring its theme throughout. I especially like Huller's character, she successfully convince me she is mentally capable to stay next to the camp without feeling any remorse or guilt through her subtle display of sociopathy behaviour.  

Yes I agree, Huller’s character actually stays with me the most. Not a shred of remorse, a self centred nightmare. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Derpity said:

 

Yeah saw it at a film festival...I think It's the best film I saw in 2023. But it's hard to recommend.

 

Really would recommend listening to the director talk about the movie, there's a lot of insights into how it was filmed, especially the choices he made (like not being on set).

I need to watch some bits with him. I haven’t read about this yet but I wondered if not having close ups of faces was deliberate. Everything is from some kind of distance, and I think it’s for us to project onto them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites





Just now, Krissykins said:

Yes I agree, Huller’s character actually stays with me the most. Not a shred of remorse, a self centred nightmare. 

 

And the movie has a scary disturbing music to close it off. A score that outscared me more than any other soundtrack in actual horror films. Too bad the score is left behind by the Oscar nomination, probably it played too late or too early in the movie (although this was an intentional and right creative choice)

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites



57 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

 

And the movie has a scary disturbing music to close it off. A score that outscared me more than any other soundtrack in actual horror films. Too bad the score is left behind by the Oscar nomination, probably it played too late or too early in the movie (although this was an intentional and right creative choice)

 

Yes it definitely didn’t even need a score. Surely has Sound Oscar in the bag though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.