kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers (actuals) | Aug 18 - 20 | 25.0M BLUE BEETLE | 21.1M BARBIE

Barbie needs $7.5M or so pass TSMBM to claim #1 for 2023. Small chance it could happen on Tuesday but if not, it definitely will happen on Wednesday. I’m not sure anything on the calendar for the rest of the year will pass $300M so its crown for the year should be secure.

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

Barbie needs $7.5M or so pass TSMBM to claim #1 for 2023. Small chance it could happen on Tuesday but if not, it definitely will happen on Wednesday. I’m not sure anything on the calendar for the rest of the year will pass $300M so its crown for the year should be secure.

Lol. Just about, I would say...

11 minutes ago, LonePirate said:

Until Mario grosses $100m on National Cinema Day :ohmygod:

38 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

But many countries overseas out there have multiple days for their cinema weeks. Brazil, Spain all have their cinema week run for entire weekend. 

I can confirm that this is what our biggest theater chain doing here in Turkey. Going off of Gran Turismo presales they'll be discounting ticket prices over this coming weekend.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo & Sheldon's Son said:

Until Mario grosses $100m on National Cinema Day :ohmygod:

Nah, families aren't going to blow $80 to see Mario in theaters when they already have it on dvd/blu. NWH made 5.4M on CD weekend, Mario makes 2M max.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

fycD.gif

Okay, let's play delusional and pretend audiences loved Dominion and hated Wolf Of Wall Street because "the most reliable" scoring systems say so, but not with me, not a fan of being delusional game. And if imdb is so bad, why offering metacritic user score which is obviously much worse? Makes no sense to me.

25 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Nah, families aren't going to blow $80 to see Mario in theaters when they already have it on dvd/blu. NWH made 5.4M on CD, Mario makes 2M max.

National Cinema Day tickets are $4 each, that's a big family you're thinking of...

There are even some concessions discounts for the 27th: Regal is offering a small drink/popcorn combo for $4 and Cinemark has $1 off any size fountain drink, popcorn or candy. That said I doubt Mario does huge business next Sunday.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Willowra said:

For the next 4 years, WB's DC has Joker 2, Batman 2, Superman Legacy, Brave & the Bold, whereas Disney's MCU has DP3, KD, and SW. Despite being more interested in MCU than DC, I would say DC is in a better position to give billion-dollar movies than MCU, whereas the overall box office gross of MCU movies per year will remain higher than that of DCU because of bigger brand loyalty and because of more titles released per year.

I think only Joker out of those DC ones can do a bil (and I don’t think those movies should count as superhero or cbm). But that one also depends a lot I think on if Gaga turns in an Oscar buzz performance and maybe contributes a lot to a hit musical soundtrack. Musical will either backfire big time or payoff big time for that, it’s definitely a risk.

Next Avengers are way too big of wild cards at this point. If MCU course corrects some and/or KD/SW are well liked, then they should do a bil. If momentum keeps flailing, then a bil is probably not happening for them. 

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Just sneak in snacks and boom it only costs $20

The sad part is id very likely still pay the highway robbery for theater popcorn if it was half ways decent at any of the chains. But when any microwave popcorn tastes 10x better and doesn’t cost me much of anything? Nah, taking my own all the way. 

Edited by MovieMan89

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

lol at Lady Bird randomly returning to theaters to take advantage of the Barbie craze.

NCD trailer starts with Barbie and ends with Ken. Yeah, everyone knows what will be the biggest movie on NCD will be.😂 

Both went up a bit from estimate. Seldom see Paramount's actual come above estimate. 

4 (3) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem Paramount Pi… $8,538,765 -44% 3,477 -473 $2,456 $88,243,852 3

9 (9) Mission: Impossible Dead Reckoning Part One Paramount Pi… $2,737,507 -41% 1,608 -527 $1,702 $164,626,507 6

7 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Yeah, looks like Hurricane Hilary didn't kill off every movie on Sunday like some feared.

I actually think it did impact some. Coincidentally all movies have Sunday as their weakest day over the weekend as measured by week-to-week hold.  

BOM and The number miss out some key movies at the specialty Box Office. 

Back on the Strip - $461k

Metallica M72 world Tour Live - $655k

Two Indian films, Gadar 2 , from Zee International, and and OMG 2, from Viva Entertainment, grossed an estimated $630.4k and $556.7k. Gadar 2 cume is $1.878 million, OMG 2 is at $1.4 million. 

These figure are reported by Deadline and likely to stay as estimate figure. BOM and the number really need to do better to track specialty BO as they sum up to some significant difference sometime.  

• Like 1