147 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Avengers

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I bask in the wisdom of your vague logic. People see movies for many different reasons.

People aren't so simple minded that they would go to a two and a half hour movie just because it has some hot chick in it. They would obviously want to see the movie as well. Do you honestly think it made over 600M DOM just because it has some hot chick in it? I bask in the wisdom of your vague logic.
  • Like 2

People aren't so simple minded that they would go to a two and a half hour movie just because it has some hot chick in it. They would obviously want to see the movie as well. Do you honestly think it made over 600M DOM just because it has some hot chick in it? I bask in the wisdom of your vague logic.

Don't over simplify what I said. I said some people were pulled in, not all. Either reading comprehension isn't one of your greatest attribbutes or your trying to change what I said for your own benefit.

That may be true Dexter but I have noticed for summer blockbusters.The ones that do the best are the ones that provide the best entertainment.That is action and comedy together and it appears TA did that very well together.I think as a movie it has flaws but in terms of entertainment value, its one of the best in a while.

• Like 1

That may be true Dexter but I have noticed for summer blockbusters.The ones that do the best are the ones that provide the best entertainment.That is action and comedy together and it appears TA did that very well together.I think as a movie it has flaws but in terms of entertainment value, its one of the best in a while.

I agree with that is why I think most summer blockbuster suck while the Avengers is good but nothing special.

Finally had time to watch it a 2nd time and I watched it on the Home Theater System at home and I found it even better..The first half was not as slow because you knew what was coming next. Pretty much when Thor comes down the film really goes off.The film is like the old school fun blockbusters of ye olde...Solid non stop Fun Fun Fun!!!I was grinning for the whole final battle... Never was so pleased and excited watching a film in a while at home...It was like an action, superhero orgasm lolA

Edited by Lordmandeep

This and TDKR will be two of my favorite movies of the year. Looks like every four years (2004, 2008, 2012) will be great for superhero movies.

Um, uh, I lied about TDKR. But Avengers is certainly a favorite of 2012 for me. 

• Like 6

Looking back TDKR had a wayyyyy better story and character development but TA was far more entertaining...

Now let the flame wars begin...

scores are TA 9/10, TDKR 8/10

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I recently did a re-watch of The Avengers a couple weeks ago, and I still feel something is missing.

I think my biggest problem is that the stakes are high, but the film doesn't really do a good job at providing any suspense to go along with it. You never really feel like any of the heroes are in any danger, even with Iron Man at the end.

Still, above average superhero fare, albeit on the light and breezy side.

• Like 2

Looks like you enjoy dark comedy.... 

Thor: Loki is of Asgard and he is my brother! 

Black Widow: He killed eighty people in 2 days

Thor: Oh he's Adopted...

:P

Funniest part is the adoption people complained against the film  :D  :D

Nonetheless I never ever heard audiences go as crazy for few scenes in TA since TDK and I watched it Sunday night, not Midnight..

It was young, old, teens, tweens... 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1