147 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Avengers

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

LMAO, a cheap shot?It's a movie, relax. "Taking a cheap shot" is a ridiculous phrase to use when discussing a film that you have no real investment in, despite the fact that you are clearly another blinded, obsessed fanboy, IMO.

Why the hell are you on BO forum, smart guy?
  • Like 1

druv10, why are you so upset that I enjoyed DH2 more?

You can like or dislike any movie you want but the statement "hollow record breaker" rubbed me the wrong way. I have moved on and just happy with the performance at the BO.

Genuine question to anyone who knows: Can Thor and Loki fly? I only ask because Thor's introduction in TA suggested he could , and I assume Loki would also be able to that being the case. But then I wonder about the many other moments where neither flew when they should have.Obviously debating the laws of physics in this film is a little pointless, it's just something I wondered about in hindsight.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1

Saw it again and I liked it even better the second time (though that partly could be because I saw it in 2D this time and enjoyed it more as the post converted 3D adds nothing)...one thing that bugs me though (and other movies have done this), but how does destroying the "mother-ship" kill the living aliens on earth? I understand maybe it messes up machines but those alien creatures are alive so how would blowing up the ship kill them?It's a minor complaint but something that bugged me. Anyway, will probably see it one more time in theaters in a couple weeks when it's less crowded.A-

• Like 2

B+A little long for my taste, and the beginning drags. Good character interaction though and the final battle was excellent. Banner/Hulk was awesome and got the best audience reaction throughout. Solid, but not groundbreaking.

My heart was racing in the theater when The Dark Knight Rises trailer played.

I did not get TDKR trailer in my showing

Anyways my review of Avengers

First this film is a fun popcorn film, it is a great way to start off the summer. The Avengers had humor in it, amazing special effects, had good action, and good third act. The characters had good interaction with each other.

Positives

Special effects

Action

Third act

Character interaction

Good acting

humor

Fun

Coulson dying I never liked him as character

Characters are handled well

No shaky camera

Better then most blockbusters

Negatives

too long

first and second act were slow

lacks of heart

I could less when Coulson died it felt awkward afterwards

Miranda Hill actress sucks at acing

The score I would liked something more epic like Jurassic Park, Star Wars had.

The end of battle was cliche it just ended in a second and Loki was defeated easily

Hawkeye was not given a lot of screen time

The story was paper thin

Too many one liners

The film is good but there is a lot areas of improvement. I had a fun time at the theater but one time is enough for me, I will most likely rent this film before the Avengers 2 comes out. This is the film blockbuster should try to be since Avengers is better than most blockbuters

6.5/10

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Like 1

Didn't anyone else have a problem with how Loki got owned so easily by Hulk? It made him seem pathetic at that moment.

I found it quite out of character for Loki. I also didn't like his final line.I mean Loki getting 'bullied' was funny and all but he's smart enough to know that trying to talk down to Hulk is stupid. Edited by ddddeeee

I just came back from my 4th viewing. I still loved it. I have to say its holding up well with repeat viewing. Only complain still stands Loki/Chitauri should have been stronger. Thanos will more than make up for that though. My grade is still a solid A. 9.4/10

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

Didn't anyone else have a problem with how Loki got owned so easily by Hulk? It made him seem pathetic at that moment.

Loki is a puny little pipsqueak compared to Hulk, so no, not at all.As a villain, Loki's strength is definitely his shrewdness, cunning, and ambition (I don't remember where it was, but I heard someone compare him to Iago in Othello, and I'd say that's a pretty apt comparison; he's all about the brains, not the brute strength). His weakness is the fact that - at least in the movies - he's not physically intimidating.
  • Like 3