147 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Avengers

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The best movie I have watched this year and as many people have said before, this is MARVEL's answer to The Dark Knight.For me everything in this movie worked, the action, the comedy, the interaction between the main group, there were a million ways this could have gone wrong and it didn't. They finally nailed HULK, his look, his power, the rage, and the laughs he could bring, all the actors in this film fit their role's perfectly, RDJ - there will never be another actor who will play TS/IM better, Loki the great villain, Evans is Cap, and CH really fits Thor, and I can't lie, when they did the big circle shot with the AVENGERS theme I did have a tear in my eye lol.Loved the final after credits scene! 10/10 - I have watched it 5 times.

• Like 5

Three questions everyone should ask themselves when reviewing The Avengers:1. Was it entertaining? (Hell yes!)2. Was the film well made? (yep - good, witty dialogue + good acting + good direction + good action)3. Was it as true to the source material as possible while translating it to another medium? (yes, it perfectly captured the spirit of the original Marvel ComicsOne question that does not need to be asked is was it as dark, deep, serious, etc. as The Dark Knight? Avengers was never a dark, serious comic and to give it the "Nolan" treatment (like they attempted to do with TASM) would have been a mistake. The film knows what it is and succeeds brilliantly at it. 10/10

Edited by Darth Homer
  • Like 5

TA is simplistic fun but its well above average.

You could think its just another TF, however clearly that is not the case.

I think the witty lines is well above average... Sure the action is great and we say that in TF3 but I think a lot of recent films have failed to mix action with comedy and fun.

Also after I realized this part in the film, I like it much more lol... Need to rewatch it again, how many hidden lines are their.

Posted Image

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I liked this more than Dark Knight Rises. The plot isn't nearly as complex, but it still offers a fantastic script, great acting, and excellent action.

Absolutely. Catwoman blows BW out of water, though, in part because Anne is a much better actress, but the movie overall is better. It tells the story it promised. TA is about TA. TDKR isn`t about DK or DKR. I`m yet to figure out what it was about.Also, Loki is a divine and glorious villain. Bane sucked and yes he felt like a huge disappointment after The Joker. IMO, judging by the fond applause for Crane, promoting him to head villain would have been a better move. Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

Absolutely. Catwoman blows BW out of water, though, in part because Anne is a much better actress, but the movie overall is better. It tells the story it promised. TA is about TA. TDKR isn`t about DK or DKR. I`m yet to figure out what it was about.Also, Loki is a divine and glorious villain. Bane sucked and yes he felt like a huge disappointment after The Joker. IMO, judging by the fond applause for Crane, promoting him to head villain would have been a better move.

I loved this movie. So. Much. SO MUCH!! And I walked away desperately wishing I could get a DC/Marvel movie crossover with Selina traversing Europe and doing espionage while Black Widow trails after her. Thought both ladies kicked much ass in their roles.(I loved ScarJo a lot in Avengers. Hathaway ran away with TDKR though.)

Its hard to compare TA and TDKR.TA is "that was cool and fun I had a blast"TDKR "what a epic story and the legend rises"Both are great for different reasons.

EXACTLY! That's what I've been saying since I watched TDKR on Friday. They're both amazing in their own, different ways.

The most fun I've had watching a sh-movie. Fantastic chemistry between the cast, superb action, great comedy, a lot of rewatch value, a facemeltingly awesome third act.It starts out a bit slow, but it keeps getting better and better as it goes on. 9/10

• Like 1

Absolutely. Catwoman blows BW out of water, though, in part because Anne is a much better actress, but the movie overall is better. It tells the story it promised. TA is about TA. TDKR isn`t about DK or DKR. I`m yet to figure out what it was about.

Really? For all the complaints against TDKR I don't see how anyone could think it wasn't categorically about Bruce/Batman 'rising'. But then, I remain surprised that people seem to have taken Bale's performance for granted in general.
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it, but this was B-level popcorn entertainment at its best... nothing really stood out except Black Widow's tits-n-ass(seriously, flawless figure with a face that can stop a clock), which I'm willing to bet was a big source of the WOM it got.

• Like 1

I enjoyed it, but this was B-level popcorn entertainment at its best... nothing really stood out except Black Widow's tits-n-ass(seriously, flawless figure with a face that can stop a clock), which I'm willing to bet was a big source of the WOM it got.

:rolleyes: