Bob Train

FNAF Weekend Thread (10/27-10/29) | $80m Opening Weekend | Blumhouse's Biggest Opener Ever | $14.7m The Eras Tour | $9.3m KOTFM

Just checked my 2 nearest Regal theaters and all FNAF showings are nearly sold out. Reminds me of Barbie. Not expecting those numbers obviously, its weekend is being supercharged by Halloween in a big way, but it's nice we have another big movie out.

• Like 1

I play video games (though not a "gamer"), have younger family and friends that game, am pretty hip and in tune with pop culture, and have a frankly autistic memory for the business of popular culture, which leads to me learning about alot of popular things I don't care about. And yet despite all that.....I had not heard of the Five Night At Freddy franchise until two months ago. Wasn't even remotely on radar that this was a big thing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

I play video games (though not a "gamer"), have younger family and friends that game, am pretty hip and in tune with pop culture, and have a frankly autistic memory for the business of popular culture, which leads to me learning about alot of popular things I don't care about. And yet despite all that.....I had not heard of the Five Night At Freddy franchise until two months ago. Wasn't even remotely on radar that this was a big thing.

I am right there with you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

See, this was your error.  Per my kids, the whole point is FNAF is NOT hip:)...it's almost meant to be a joke.  Which is why the quality of this movie doesn't matter to them:).  But, I'll let you know how it is for me and them in about 24 hours:)...

16 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

It's definitely something you'd only care about if you're a zoomer, and I can see some around my age not caring for it

• Like 1