XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

14 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't think Spotlight is "you don't need to watch this", it's meant for more obscure characters so people unfamiliar with them don't have to worry about needing to catch up on them.

MCU really needs to stop connecting the Disney+ show with the movies.

The Disney+ shows should be like Agents of Shield or Netflix shows. They happen on the same universe in theory, but the movies won't really mention the events of the shows.

13 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

I'm afraid there's nothing to save Thunderbolts if it keeps the current roster, getting tied with Captain America 4 is just the cherry on the top of bad decisions.

It isn't, as I've said numerous times. maybe wait till the movie shoots a single frame before instantly saying it's a bomb? Is that so crazy?

10 minutes ago, Kon said:

MCU really needs to stop connecting the Disney+ show with the movies.

The Disney+ shows should be like Agents of Shield or Netflix shows. They happen on the same universe in theory, but the movies won't really mention the events of the shows.

The ones that have been separate are the ones people have been demanding be scrapped lol. Can't win with these guys.

Edited by SpiderByte

12 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

I'm afraid there's nothing to save Thunderbolts if it keeps the current roster, getting tied with Captain America 4 is just the cherry on the top of bad decisions.

To be fair, they could try to present the characters to the audience. They shouldn't assume people have seem the Disney+ shows.

Honestly, I have more expectatives for Thunderbolts than Captain America 4, because it's a team movie and the character are less known. If the characterization and team dynamic are interesting, it could call attention.

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

It isn't, as I've said numerous times. maybe wait till the movie shoots a single frame before instantly saying it's a bomb? Is that so crazy?

It's a movie flawed on a conceptual level, it's like the cinematic equivalent of trying to do an off-road course with a tanker truck full of nitroglycerin, you don't need to see the final result to know it's a bad idea.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Masketta Man said:

It's a movie flawed on a conceptual level, it's like the cinematic equivalent of trying to do an off-road course with a tanker truck full of nitroglycerin, you don't need to see the final result to know it's a bad idea.

Yeah, a movie given to the creative team behind a project that's about to rake in awards is clearly a massive mistake.

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

The ones that have been separate are the ones people have been demanding be scrapped lol. Can't win with these guys.

I don't understand what do you mean.

Were people demanding for Agents of Shield or Netflix shows to be scrapped?

Edited by Kon

2 minutes ago, Kon said:

To be fair, they could try to present the characters to the audience. They shouldn't assume people have seem the Disney+ shows.

Honestly, I have more expectatives for Thunderbolts than Captain America 4, because it's a team movie and the character are less known. If the characterization and team dynamic are interesting, it could call attention.

The problem is, will the general audience even give a chance to that movie? Having discount Black Widow, two discount Captain Americas, X-Men Origins Deadpool-lite and an antagonist of a minor MCU title from 7 years ago doesn't seem a pull for me. Bucky also might have taken a popularity hit since the horrible FatWS. There's also the overlap with Suicide Squad and possibly Authority, that will appear in a movie in the same month Thunderbolts opens.

5 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

There's also the overlap with Suicide Squad and possibly Authority, that will appear in a movie in the same month Thunderbolts opens.

I would like you to explain how exactly you think The Authority is more recognizable than the Thunderbolts. The parody of the Authority that DC made to specifically make fun of them has more exposure to general audiences than the Authority.

Edited by SpiderByte

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

I would like you to explain how exactly you think The Authority is more recognizable than the Thunderbolts. The parody of the Authority that DC made to specifically make fun of them has more exposure to general audiences than the Authority.

That's a boon for Authority actually, they have no baggage and will be introduced on a Superman movie, that surely will have more attention than the collection of minor characters the MCU Thunderbolts is.

2 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

No, people are demanding stuff like Echo and Agatha be scrapped because they don't tie into the movies enough.

I've understand.

I think it's a good decision to mantain series like Echo or Agatha separated from the movies. That way they could tell their own thing, while it doesn't interefer with the movies.

1 minute ago, Masketta Man said:

That's a boon for Authority actually, they have no baggage and will be introduced on a Superman movie, that surely will have more attention than the collection of minor characters the MCU Thunderbolts is.

Honestly, the Authority will require a really good reception to be a threat for the Thunderbolts.

Not that things would be easy for the Thunderbolts even without competition. The MCU brand is currently in a pretty poor position. However, Thunderbolts may have an opportunity if they show the charcters and their dynamics in an interesting way.

2 minutes ago, Kon said:

Honestly, the Authority will require a really good reception to be a threat for the Thunderbolts.

Not that things would be easy for the Thunderbolts even without competition. The MCU brand is currently in a pretty poor position. However, Thunderbolts may have an opportunity if they show the charcters and their dynamics in an interesting way.

Virtually all the characters in the team are just "boohoo my government/spy agency experimented and manipulated me", they don't have even different background to spicy it up like Suicide Squad.

3 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

So now being obscure is a bonus? Come on dude, even for you this is a reach.

29 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah, a movie given to the creative team behind a project that's about to rake in awards is clearly a massive mistake.

I’m aware of Beef’s strong critical reception and they seem to have faith in Thunderbolts being good, but you are aware of the very long and hard uphill battle it has to fight right. And just because reception is great for one project, means it’s necessarily a lock for the other. Chloe Zhao came off an Oscar and well look at Eternals.

17 minutes ago, Masketta Man said:

Midnighter alone is more interesting than everyone in the thunderbolts combined, it would be a huge deal to have a queer character with that many dimensions on a movie of this scale. They kind of need to get a solid writer though, and if the jeremy slater rumors are true then we can kiss that goodbye lol

• Like 1