XXRDJisDoctorDoom

The Marvel / MCU Thread || From Blade to Secret Wars, All Things Marvel!

On 1/27/2024 at 3:25 PM, SpiderByte said:

It sounds like this is separate from the Eyes of Wakanda thing.

There are people mad at the idea of someone being a new Iron Fist who I guess must not have watched the actual Iron Fist show or how it ended or who was Iron Fist at the end of it.

sddefault.jpg

Jessica Henwick is awesome and by far the best part of Iron Fist so I hope that if they go forward with this, it's with her as the lead

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daxtreme said:

Jessica Henwick is awesome and by far the best part of Iron Fist so I hope that if they go forward with this, it's with her as the lead

She wants to do it, she turned down Xialing in Shang-Chi specifically because she wants to be Colleen again

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

More """scheduling conflicts""". This project is starting to stink to high heavens.

Do you really think it's so implausible that the several months of delays to production created scheduling conflicts

1 minute ago, SpiderByte said:

Do you really think it's so implausible that the several months of delays to production created scheduling conflicts

Let's say the scheduling conflicts are real, why is Thunderbolts the project buzzy actors like Yeun and Edibri are dropping? Back when the MCU ruled Hollywood, how often did you hear about actors dropping out of Marvel roles due to schedling conflicts? People can feel the wind changing, and they don't want to hitch their wagon to another The Marvels.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Let's say the scheduling conflicts are real, why is Thunderbolts the project buzzy actors like Yeun and Edibri are dropping?

...because they have commitments to other projects. That's what scheduling conflicts are.

• Like 2

I don't know why those actors don't drop their other projects instead of participating on such a slam dunk project with iconic characters like intern Black Widow with a lame vest, Red Guardian and throwaway villain from a studio mandated sequel from 7 years ago.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

...because they have commitments to other projects. That's what scheduling conflicts are.

But they also had a commitment to the Thunderbolts movie, and they made the choice to drop it rather than the other hypothetical movies they're supposedly committed to.

• Like 1

Both Steven and Ayo are Emmy winners. When 1 Emmy winner (then nominee but favored to win) dropped out you could say well there's nothing sus about it, scheduling conflicts happen. When another Emmy winner dropped out right after winning than dropouts start to look deliberate on both parts. MCU hasn't been a career booster for years due to overproduction - everyone and their mother had it on their resume - and after The Marvels superbomb for the ages, if actors with prosperous careers are having second thoughts who could blame them?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

Let's say the scheduling conflicts are real, why is Thunderbolts the project buzzy actors like Yeun and Edibri are dropping? Back when the MCU ruled Hollywood, how often did you hear about actors dropping out of Marvel roles due to schedling conflicts? People can feel the wind changing, and they don't want to hitch their wagon to another The Marvels.

How many actors blew up after getting cast in previous MCU films prior to them filming?

Yeun and Edebiri both had this happen.

I can understand actors being hesitant now about which MCU movies they sign on for after The Marvels but in this case it really does sound like Ayo had to leave due to her The Bear commitments. Just a few weeks ago she said in an interview she was going to be in this. The SAG-AFTRA (and to a lesser extent, the WGA) strike has had a similar "revolving door" casting effect that the pandemic did as the industry was similarly starting to get back on its feet. Don't think there's any reason to overthink it beyond that.

38 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

But they also had a commitment to the Thunderbolts movie, and they made the choice to drop it rather than the other hypothetical movies they're supposedly committed to.

I don’t know what Yuen is up to (allegedly starting a production company) but I know Season 3 of The Bear is scheduled to start filming around the same time Thunderbolts is supposed to start.

43 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

I mean they're not hypotheticals. We know what they are. Edibiri has The Bear and Yeun has Lee Isaac Chung's next movie. Pre strike they could probably do both. Post strike they can't.

42 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Both Steven and Ayo are Emmy winners. When 1 Emmy winner (then nominee but favored to win) dropped out you could say well there's nothing sus about it, scheduling conflicts happen. When another Emmy winner dropped out right after winning than dropouts start to look deliberate on both parts. MCU hasn't been a career booster for years due to overproduction - everyone and their mother had it on their resume - and after The Marvels superbomb for the ages, if actors with prosperous careers are having second thoughts who could blame them?

I don't know why people are pretending Yeun is some random unknown and not an Oscar nominee. 

Why is it impossible for people to accept that the strike delays caused the schedule to change? Yeun even literally specifically said that was the reason.

20 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I don't know why people are pretending Yeun is some random unknown and not an Oscar nominee. 

Why is it impossible for people to accept that the strike delays caused the schedule to change? Yeun even literally specifically said that was the reason.

Yeah I don’t know why people are acting like actors are supposed to be eternally grateful and loyal to the MCU because it “looked in their general direction” or whatever. Or that it has to do with “the state of the MCU.” Anyone who is familiar with film production and Hollywood knows this stuff happens. We saw the same thing with Covid. Even Nicholas Hoult dropped out Mission Impossible to film The Great.

Edited by Speedorito