Gladiator (2000)

52 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I am saying you find any movie about the past or an event as wrong because it was wrong.

You forget films a snapshot of the past. 

hardly, you've seen my opinion for 300 and gladiator...doesn't mean much. and they're not exactly very good 'snapshots of the past'. and yes, i did enjoy the lotr series, despite it being thematically hilarious (okay, okay - the past makes me laugh when presented with such adoring macho seriousness).

i enjoy things in film different than what you do. meh.

Edited by lisa

uh, well...i suppose i'll drop in to say that it was fucking stupid. i'm not entertained by stupid men doing stupid things, especially when that's pretty much the only thing going for it. suppose it looked pretty good though

36/100, D+

Posted Image

• Like 3

This film released to great fanfare in 2000 then it won best Pic and film buff's online really hated on the film.

However after 13 years and looking at the genre that is historical epics, there is not a shadow of a doubt that is the finest Historical epic of the Modern era and is now a classic film. 

I just re watched it again and the ending scene...

Amazing combination of cinematography and background score,

Posted Image

The film is also very notable about making gladiators well known to everyone and really making a lot more people in Roman history. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 4

uh, well...i suppose i'll drop in to say that it was fucking stupid. i'm not entertained by stupid men doing stupid things, especially when that's pretty much the only thing going for it. suppose it looked pretty good though

36/100, D+

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

• Like 5

Lucilla character was great.

A commanding performance.

Easily best female performance in this genre of films in a while too.

"Lucilla: Is Rome worth one good man's life? We believed it once. Make us believe it again. He was a soldier of Rome. Honor him." 

I remember as teen and as kid in awe of her in this film and a crush. 

• Like 2

Everytime I watch this film, I get goose bumps. "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." Maximus Decimus MeridiusAwesome quote, one of the best scenes of this millennium

• Like 2

uh, well...i suppose i'll drop in to say that it was fucking stupid. i'm not entertained by stupid men doing stupid things, especially when that's pretty much the only thing going for it. suppose it looked pretty good though 36/100, D+

Since when has Armond White been a member here?
  • Like 1