Borobudur

Thanksgiving 5-days Weekend thread | BOSS: 42.2m, Napoleon: 32.75m, Wish: 31.6m, Trolls: 25.6m, Thanksgiving: 10.9m

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Like, he's literally in pre-production on his next film after Gladiator 2 and Gladiator 2 isn't even done filming yet and he does this with many of his films. 

havent heard anything about that, what movie is it?

31 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Damn! This topping the charts this weekend will be a nice cap off to Lionsgate's surprisingly solid year. Their trifecta were all on display and have all been successful this year. Yeah, Perishables 4 tanked, but I doubt they lost much on it with all their international deals.

48 minutes ago, DAJK said:

All I can say is that I know the trailers for Gladiator 2 are going to be EPIC. Zimmer’s score fading in, some shots of some epic battle sequences.

However the movie turns out, I think we have the potential for one of the all-time great trailers.

Just have the guy touching some wheat with the ending Gladiator song and walking around and that be enough lol 

30 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The pacing of the third act is basically the pacing as the book, which is incredibly rushed. The movie is great but the third act leaves things a little flat.

Having seen it (my older teenage daughter made me take her), agree the third act really drags it down. I think the movie version would have been better if it jumped between different times in the story arc (flashbacks, etc) rather than telling a straight linear time story, where the ending is almost anti-climatic and therefore rushed to finish 

14 minutes ago, Starphanluke said:

I wonder if the B+ Cinemascore is entirely down to the movie being very, very serious with little levity. Because otherwise I've only heard positive word of mouth. 

Inception only got a B+ Cinema Score. Not saying BOSS is even close in quality but yeah cinema score is not always a indicator of a movie's overall reception in the long run.

• Like 3

Insanely good for Hunger Games - I thought a long, turgid Hunger Games prequel with no Lawrence was DOA, not 160m territory. I'll admit that after previews I'm disappointed in Napoleon, but I can also see how like Mission Impossible it's either rush to previews or wait for the weekend for a movie like that, and Friday sales around me much more robust than Wednesday non-previews.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Insanely good for Hunger Games - I thought a long, turgid Hunger Games prequel with no Lawrence was DOA, not 160m territory. I'll admit that after previews I'm disappointed in Napoleon, but I can also see how like Mission Impossible it's either rush to previews or wait for the weekend for a movie like that, and Friday sales around me much more robust than Wednesday non-previews.

Monica Schipper/WireImage

the lawrence that really matters 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

The pacing of the third act is basically the pacing as the book, which is incredibly rushed. The movie is great but the third act leaves things a little flat.

I wonder if that is the reason why it is B+ because that is the last memory you take out exiting the cinema. 

Anyway, BOSS hold prove that there is merit in those glowing first reaction,