Neo

Avengers: Infinity War | 27th April 2018 | Trailers pg 203 & 399 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed | Over 2 MILLION WORLDWIDE!

5 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

I have no memory of that being a thing.

Also...That makes less sense than healing, searching, training within the span of a year.

It was the centerpiece of the main premise in Winter Soldier.  Zola created a program than monitored all data and identified individuals that could be potential threats to their plan of control and conquest, targeting them for elimination.

Edited by Horner
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, nick64 said:

Hydra’s program predicts future threats, which is why his name was there.

But how could Strange be considered a threat if he was only a surgeon?

1 minute ago, RandomCat said:

I have no memory of that being a thing.

Zola had created an algorithm using people's digital data (bank data, medical records, voting patterns, SAT scores etc.) to predict future threats on top of current ones. Strange was probably in there because of his intelligence.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Horner said:

It was the centerpiece of the main premise in Winter Soldier.  Zola created a program than monitored all data and identified potential individuals that would be a threat to their plan of control and conquest.

I'm sorry, I missed the word threats on there. I saw it as predicts the future.

Yeah, Surgeon Strange isn't a future threat to Hydra. (It could be argued the exact opposite, considering his mental state at the start of the film.)

Look at Strange at the start of the movie. Arrogant and egotistical, more interested in his glory and money. That isn't a threat to Hydra, that's a tool, he'd be easily manipulated, because they could give him what he wants. He only becomes a threat, because of a journey of self discovery after getting into the wreck.

Hydra is a fascist organisation and fascists tend to see intellectual people as a threat. Strange could've been an asset to the opposition.

Strange's mental state is irrelevant because that's not something Zola's algorithm would've caught.

• Like 3

Once Tony Stark emerged as an obvious threat I can see how the similarities between the two could get Strange flagged as a potential foil.  Obviously his area of expertise being in medicine would add another dot or two in getting there but he did have the capacity to learn things quicker than most people.  And he lived recklessly at times.  It wouldn't be hard to imagine him having the same brush with death come to Jesus experience that helped put Tony on his eventual path.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cookie said:

Hydra is a fascist organisation and fascists tend to see intellectual people as a threat. Strange could've been an asset to the opposition.

Strange's mental state is irrelevant because that's not something Zola's algorithm would've caught.

Strange's mental state should have been caught as well, if it was monitoring all data about him. Everything he does is a reflection of his mental state.

Strange is smart, but isn't an the intellectual type that fascist organizations don't like. He's egotistical, and lacks basic morals. He does nothing that doesn't help himself. He's pretty much a perfect Hydra candidate. Someone with his head so far up his own ass, he'll ignore anything you're doing, so long as he gets to be famous and be the "best surgeon ever"

7 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Strange's mental state should have been caught as well, if it was monitoring all data about him. Everything he does is a reflection of his mental state.

Strange is smart, but isn't an the intellectual type that fascist organizations don't like. He's egotistical, and lacks basic morals. He does nothing that doesn't help himself. He's pretty much a perfect Hydra candidate. Someone with his head so far up his own ass, he'll ignore anything you're doing, so long as he gets to be famous and be the "best surgeon ever"

The algorithm was correct. Dr. Strange is a threat now. That was the point of the algorithm. You’re arguing that it couldnt predict that, but it did. 

11 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Based on what was shown and stated in Winter Soldier, the algorithm is purely data based and doesn’t take in mental state/status, outside of those existing in the medical records, in making its predictions. It predicts future threats.

“The twenty-first is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, e-mails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores... Zola's Algorithm evaluates people's past to predict the future.”

Strange, as egotistical as he was, was unlikely to be a Hydra supporter. He became a surgeon to save lives, to the point that he won’t operate if he thinks there’s a low chance for success or survival. Not really Hydra-material there. His movie was definitely set after Winter Soldier because the Avengers tower was shown in the movie. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Strange is a self-absorbed prick but he's not an idiot. Doesn't mean he lacks basic morals either.

Edited by cookie

DZ9EQGOVwAIy3Bm.jpg

DZ9D2zBUMAIgmKo.jpg

DZ9DpepX4AIJJR6.jpg

DZ9EVm3V4AIhXjc.jpg

Edited by Durden
  • Like 7
  • Astonished 2

12 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Nah, IW gonna come for everything except the Cameron Duo. 

EDIT: Nvm, Ignore this. 

Edited by Belle

1 hour ago, Walt Disney said:

The algorithm was correct. Dr. Strange is a threat now. That was the point of the algorithm. You’re arguing that it couldnt predict that, but it did. 

You know my argument is that Dr. Strange occurs before Winter Soldier, right? That the algorithm couldn't predict Strange behing a threat before the events of the movie is a point in that argument, not the argument as a whole.

Look it's clear I see this differently. I've read into some of these movies a certain way, and formed opinions and assumptions based on that. I've said my piece on the matter, and have nothing more to add. I also now have like four, five people piling on me about this now, so..yeah. I don't care anymore. I'm not really up for being dogpiled on because I see this stuff differently.

32 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

$

Oh Shit. Marvel is too clever man. We are searching for Hawkeye 

He's busy taking all these pictures :D:D:hahaha:

• Haha 1