Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

Neo

Avengers: Infinity War | 27th April 2018 | Trailers pg 203 & 399 | William Hurt returns as Secretary of State Thaddeus 'Thunderbolt' Ross confirmed | Over 2 MILLION WORLDWIDE!

giphy.gif

But seriously relentlessly busy and things to do so hard to post  But reading the forums always is good for laughs.  Keeps my spirits up. :)

I’ll probably post more often on the weekend.  Already got two tickets for Friday and Saturday. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

And I can already tell that most people that “didn’t like it” have a post history of trolling this film way before it was released. 

Could you please point out to be where @scoobysaurus was trolling this film?  Maybe I missed it.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Safe to say IW is doing $1B+ overseas? It's setting opening day records left, right and centre in Asia today and apparently it's tracking for a record opening in China as well.

It didn't just break records, it completely obliterate them, up to 60% over previous record

2 hours ago, BK007 said:

I think both of those were in character.

If anything, I was pissed off at Steve Rogers in Civil War. I don't think the story did his side of the argument a good deal.

Always felt like people were on the Cap side because they like him or Evans and not because the argument was any good. Yes, there could've been a better one made, it just wasn't in the film.

And for those who are talking about out-of-character moments, I present to you: Natasha Romanoff in Ultron. Saw it again yesterday, still a trainwreck.

Oh, I definitely think both are in character. Both were stupid and irrational, but that’s in character for both. I just think Star-Lord’s was significantly worse in terms of effect.

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Damn Kevin Feige is going all out on these cross overs. 

:hahaha:

Well I guys  I have finished my MCU rewatch with Thor 3. No review at this time though. A bit tired plus apparently my car has to get a smog test and I have to revive it because I don't drive the damn thing and a whole bunch of headaches that come with owning a car I just want to sell because it's a hassle, costs money, and ugh. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Safe to say IW is doing $1B+ overseas? It's setting opening day records left, right and centre in Asia today and apparently it's tracking for a record opening in China as well.

IW should be gunning for #3 highest OS gross. Needs to pass F7's $1.163 billion OS, which doesn't seem to be that farfetched right now.

• Like 2

In Australia, Infinity War opening weekend alone may be around 80% entire gross of what Civil War did! 

• Like 1
  • Astonished 6

2 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

In Australia, Infinity War opening weekend alone may be around 80% entire gross of what Civil War did! 

I read this like 3 times.

Wtf?

Just now, grey ghost said:

I read this like 3 times.

Wtf?

Yep. Infinity War could do 20-21m USD opening weekend. Civil War final gross was 25m. 

Spoiler

Same result in US would give 330m opening weekend :ph34r:

• Astonished 5

Watched it last night. It was awesome! :D   Now that I think about it, it made sense for it to end where it did. With Thanos in a quiet place looking out into a universe where half its inhabitants have died and feeling a sense of “job done”. 18 movies building up to this, and it would have been ridiculous if the superheroes can be done with him after just one movie. So they spent an entire movie showing us how Thanos thinks, parts of what happened in his life, and he even gets to “win” at the end of the movie, so now no one can truly say Thanos was a forgettable villain. He definitely wasn’t! He was badass, emotional, maybe mad, but he was very driven too! He took Thor’s axe in the chest and still cared more about finishing his task rather than the damage he took. He sacrificed his own daughter, whom he admitted he truly did love.

And I think the black order was well done too. They were certainly powerful and it took a lot of effort to bring them down.

I think avengers 4 is the movie where we will truly say goodbye to some characters. In my cinema, when Tony stark had a blade driven through him by Thanos, you could see the whole cinema gasp and go quiet. If they dare to kill off one or more of the first avengers group (widow, cap, ironman, hulk, Thor), you are gonna see tears and no one will ever dare to say there were no stakes involved. And I think there is a very high chance it will happen in avengers 4.

Marvel went dark on this one. A movie where half of humanity dies, the bad guy wins, and you see lots of good guys being pummeled down is surely a dark one. Yet, it was epic, and done in such a way you understand from the bad guy’s point of view why he was doing all this. If they kill off a few of the avengers1 team in an epic emotional way, it would be job done, IMO. The audience will never forget it. And Thanos has stamped his credentials in the hall of OP super villains. The way he went about collecting all the stones, stomping everyone that got in his way into the ground, and he finally does the snap too. Its just so epic. The name Thanos will be forever remembered now in marvel cinematic history now. And I will bet when he has offed a few of the avengers 1 team in Avengers4, it will be remembered even more. Marvel has their Darth Vader now, and he is one huge mad titan named Thanos.

Saw it yesterday evening (now is the morning in Poland). Oh my...

This is X-Men: Days of Future Past in MCU, but with concrete and absolutely amazing villain (Thanos!!) - the best in entire universe. What is more, the best cinematography in MCU, the best music in MCU, and probably the most emotionally powerful of them all! :ohmygod:

I am so devastated, so shocked and so amazed by this film. I laughed, I cried, I got goosebumps couple of times. The Russo brothers and Kevin Feige delivers!! They did some things I wish they will do, in the way I wanted to. It's like my dreams from the last 3 years come true.

This is not an easy movie for everyone, because you must BE IN this universe for 10 years to fully appreciate this story/characters, but damn... this was great and so HUUUGE experience. Although, some people might be confuse, especially in the first act when we start to jump from one storyline to another.

For now - 9/10 Probably the best MCU film, definitely on my list to buy it on Blu-ray.

• Like 7
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

9 minutes ago, Eldenfirefly said:

Watched it last night. It was awesome! :D  

I think avengers 4 is the movie where we will truly say goodbye to some characters. In my cinema, when Tony stark had a blade driven through him by Thanos, you could see the whole cinema gasp and go quiet. If they dare to kill off one or more of the first avengers group (widow, cap, ironman, hulk, Thor), you are gonna see tears and no one will ever dare to say there were no stakes involved. And I think there is a very high chance it will happen in avengers 4

Loki being so brutally disposed off in the beginning scene already caused startled gasps from the audience. This movie starts with shock, ends with awe, and have all the thrill, excitement, nervuos laughs, sadness, cheers etc in between. Epic, magnificient, brilliant.

6 hours ago, tawasal said:

Why do I feel there A4 is going to be just IW part 2? I know why they changed the title and DH1&2 boxoffice was a major concern I guess. But I though thanos' story was going to be finished in this one, but it seems we have to hangon for another year. I loved the post credit scene promotion for Captain Marvel, but I don't think a lot of the people in my screen understood that. 

Totally agree. This is Part 1 & 2 in disguise(spelled right?)

I definitely think this is NOT part 1 but the next Avengers will be different 

Edited by fabiopazzo2

11 minutes ago, Juby said:

Saw it yesterday evening (now is the morning in Poland). Oh my...

This is X-Men: Days of Future Past in MCU, but with concrete and absolutely amazing villain (Thanos!!) - the best in entire universe. What is more, the best cinematography in MCU, the best music in MCU, and probably the most emotionally powerful of them all! :ohmygod:

I am so devastated, so shocked and so amazed by this film. I laughed, I cried, I got goosebumps couple of times. The Russo brothers and Kevin Feige delivers!! They did some things I wish they will do, in the way I wanted to. It's like my dreams from the last 3 years come true.

This is not an easy movie for everyone, because you must BE IN this universe for 10 years to fully appreciate this story/characters, but damn... this was great and so HUUUGE experience. Although, some people might be confuse, especially in the first act when we start to jump from one storyline to another.

For now - 9/10 Probably the best MCU film, definitely on my list to buy it on Blu-ray.

I run out of likes, as many people here I guess past 1-2 days. Very well said. I am happy that they go no holds barred with IW to tremendous satisfacion of fans, though they also likely understand that BO may suffer somewhat with GA.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

Yep. Infinity War could do 20-21m USD opening weekend. Civil War final gross was 25m. 

Hide contents

Same result in US would give 330m opening weekend :ph34r:

330M OW. Gonna be gunning for the record-shattering 1.2x leg to end at a whopping Dom total just right below IM1 adjusted. 

I can see it.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

14 hours ago, CJohn said:

Do we know if @ZattMurdock survived watching this? I have my doubts.

Thanos demands your silence.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 2

It was disappointing not get any Tony Stark interactions with Wakanda technology. 

I wanted a Shuri mocking Tony scene. 

• Like 3