Borobudur

Christmas-New Year Weekdays Thread (12/26-28)

1 minute ago, Borobudur said:

Just what is this movie? I keep mistaken this for Boy and the heron

- (-) The Boys in the Boat MGM $3,005,063 -47%   2,557 $1,175 $8,728,445 2

It's a feel-good inspirational sports movie directed by George Clooney set during the 1936 Berlin Olympics. In other words, its audience is definitely leaning old.

I myself am taking my mom to see it some point over the next few days.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Just what is this movie? I keep mistaken this for Boy and the heron

- (-) The Boys in the Boat MGM $3,005,063 -47%   2,557 $1,175 $8,728,445 2

George Clooney's latest Oscar bait directorial effect, mid reviews but it's based on a bestselling book.The Boys in the Boat was both the Regal Mystery Movie and part of AMC Screen Unseen a couple weeks ago, so I'm wondering if the Christmas Day gross was padded by those numbers.

8 hours ago, DAJK said:

Iron Claw is some good stuff. Hoping Efron can sneak into that 5th spot Best Actor nomination, even though I wouldn’t bet on it happening.

Hope more people turn out for it. Would love to see 30M+ for it.

Strong hold post Christmas day. I am hoping for a flat or even up from OW for 2nd weekend, something that Priscilla achieved thanks to expanded locations. That should give enough gas to push it through 30m.

- (-) The Iron Claw A24 $1,708,784 -11%   2,774 $616 $8,507,859 5
- (-) The Zone of Interest A24 $20,103 +4% -3% 6 $3,351 $332,487 12

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

Anyone But You had a bigger Boxing Day than Christmas Day. Strange. 

They were too busy doing the real thing on Christmas Day

Pitch Perfect 3 also increased on 26, so possible that it's a friendlier day for chick flicks

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Anyone But You had a bigger Boxing Day than Christmas Day. Strange.  Is it because of discount Tuesday? 

Probably because an R-rated romcom was not the most ideal way to spend time with the whole family on Christmas Day heh.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Wonka's drop is about in line with what Jumanji's was, so not real disastrous. Would be nice if that 20% increase for Migration held though.

6.5m for migration. Your 20% jump holds. PIB2 and sing2 peak on Boxing Day and migration numbers aren’t far from them.  100m feel safer now since both of that passed 100m eventually. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

It's a feel-good inspirational sports movie directed by George Clooney set during the 1936 Berlin Olympics. In other words, its audience is definitely leaning old.

I myself am taking my mom to see it some point over the next few days.

It was my mystery movie for AMC's Screen Unseen a few weeks back. It's a nice little film, but my audience was probably the youngest an auditorium will see for it since we had no idea what the film was. 😀

17 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

6.5m for migration. Your 20% jump holds. PIB2 and sing2 peak on Boxing Day and migration numbers aren’t far from them.  100m feel safer now since both of that passed 100m eventually. 

ERC's initial Migration estimate yesterday actually came up under the official one, so still curious if it ends up higher.