kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | actuals | 27.75M THE FALL GUY | 8.72M SW: EP I - TPM | 7.59M CHALLENGERS | 6.50M TAROT

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

kingdom of heaven only opened to 19 million?

dang

No RT audience score for Fall Guy yet.

If nothing by the morning than we know it’s definitely being hidden.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

kingdom of heaven only opened to 19 million?

dang

Kingdom of Heaven , frankyk, was a box office bomb on it's threatrical run in a badly cut version.

It only became really popular wihen Ridley was able to release his original 3 hour plus cut on Video.

I love the Ridely cut, BTW.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1
  • Heart 1

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

No RT audience score for Fall Guy yet.

If nothing by the morning than we know it’s definitely being hidden.

I don't know why studios play  games like this. It does not really hide anything, just makes them look worse in the end.

Posted (edited)

Well at least Challengers will likely have a solid weekend drop and The Phantom Menace will do well this weekend. That’s something.

Not to be that person but I’ve been beating the drum about the unfocused and somewhat desperate marketing for The Fall Guy. Someone else said it, but the Barbenheimer thing truly came to an end with the Oscars and the GA moved on. I usually don’t like blaming “poor marketing” but most of what I saw bounced between Barbenheimer and big stunts before pivoting to celebrating stuntmen. They even brought back a popular SNL skit from a few weeks earlier to try to build buzz.

There’s still not an early vRT audience score which is odd, but it might have good WOM. But with Apes and Furiosa following it I’m not sure how it’ll fare. This probably shouldn’t have been a summer kickoff film. (Personally I do think it’s getting harder to deny NTCs though).

Edited by Speedorito
  • Knock It Off 1

I remember the forums when Kingdom of Heaven bombed that big.

But it wasn’t even the talking point of the weekend lol, House of Wax only doing $12m was, because it was tracking in some places as a $20-30m opener. 

Love House of Wax. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I remember the forums when Kingdom of Heaven bombed that big.

But it wasn’t even the talking point of the weekend lol, House of Wax only doing $12m was, because it was tracking in some places as a $20-30m opener. 

Love House of Wax. 

Well. to be honest the theatrical version of Kingdom of Heaven was not very good.

It only became a really good movie in the Director's cut.

BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB 

• Haha 1

And so many people here though this would be a bi ghit.

Just once again proves the truth of William Goldman's statment about what 30 years of being in the industry taught him about the Industry:'

'Nobody Knows Nothing".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB 

You are droping more bombs then there are in "Masters Of The Air".