AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

You don't think they have? These movies go through like years of research and development before they're made. All the animators on Finding Nemo had to take a course in fish physiology and they brought in a bunch of mental health professors for Inside Out.

Let me just say that I don't have a lot of faith in movie studios in general when it comes to cultural representation.  Also despite studying fish physiology, in Finding Nemo they totally don't mention that a male clownfish will change gender in the absence of a female.

If it is a musical, I hope it's not a Disney Broadway style. Would prefer it to be more contemporary, in keeping with Pixar's style.

I don't mean covers of pop songs like BoL or Shrek. Original songs with modern Latino structure/instrumentation.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

Yes. Disney releases certain official videos and photos from panels following them to the media. Everyone else has to turn their cell phones in and cameras, so usually it is official. The only illegal vid of a D23 media panel I've seen was a very crappy cam vid of a Joy test animation from the 2013 expo, and the uploaded wasn't confident to upload it for a full YEAR.

I like the look of the character, already separating itself from Book of Life.

• Like 1

Star Wars Episode 8 now opens 4 weeks after Coco.

Coco will turn out to be another The Good Dinosaur disappointment IMO.

TFA pretty much stole all the attention away from movies released in November and December 2015. MJ2, Spectre, and TGD were all hit hard by TFA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

Star Wars Episode 8 now opens 4 weeks after Coco.

Coco will turn out to be another The Good Dinosaur disappointment IMO.

TFA pretty much stole all the attention away from movies released in November and December 2015. MJ2, Spectre, and TGD were all hit hard by TFA.

SW8 will decrease a shit ton from SW7

• Like 1

This is a bit of a different scenario from TGD. There won't be any Inside Out-level critical darling in the summer to bail Pixar out in 2017. This will be their prestige submission and I'm sure they'll be looking long and hard at why TGD failed at the box office when considering how to promote this film.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

This is a bit of a different scenario from TGD. There won't be any Inside Out-level critical darling in the summer to bail Pixar out in 2017. This will be their prestige submission and I'm sure they'll be looking long and hard at why TGD failed at the box office when considering how to promote this film.

Yeah, Coco also doesn't have a huge behind the scenes problem and firing of directing like TGD did, at least not yet.