AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

Pretty sure this is the last time they attach anything of sitcom episode length to their movies, anyway.

They probably ought to stop with the Frozen shorts, though. Give the audience some time to become wistful for the franchise before they start promoting the sequel 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, goldenstate5 said:

Really the only terrible Pixar sequel has been Cars 2. Cars 3 was just okay, Monsters Uni I kinda liked, Finding Dory was pretty good, and Toy Story films are obviously amazing. Necessary? I don't know but they don't have a shaky track record.

To me, Cars 2 is underrated. It had the fun element the first Cars lacked. Sleek and speedy, and thankfully they made 3 in its mold.

Monsters Uni was turgid especially compared to the sensational first film, even worse than Finding Dory.

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Without the 21 minute short they also probably could have squeezed in another showing per screen

I was bored by the Frozen too-long as well, but let's face it: unless you or I am one of those little girls who spent months dressing like one of the sisters and singing that song, our opinion of it is meaningless to Disney.

17 hours ago, YourMother said:

With Lassiter spearheading TS4, I’m pretty sure it may get axed.

No it won't.

Toy Story 4 is too big for that, it would be like cancelling an Avengers movie.

Toy Story 4 has a huuuuuuuge potential thanks to possible Marvel and Star Wars toys into the movie.

This one is 100% safe.

6 hours ago, JB33 said:

Disney might be crappin' a bit after these reactions to the Frozen short. Then again, I can speak to the opinion of the masses.

The Frozen short in my showing of Coco got groans from the audience. People were shifting around and on their phones during it. Three people clapped when it was over because they wanted to see Coco not Frozen. 

The reaction to the short was so toxic it makes me wonder if Disney over stayed their welcome with the Frozen brand. If I was Disney I'd pull the short and stop making small Frozen films. Let audiences want Frozen and don't over expose them to it. 

Also I fucking hate Olaf....he is an obnoxious character. I could feel people roll their eyes when over he opened his mouth. 

--------

On the other hand, Coco was loved by the audience and there was tons of positive chatter after. I also heard people crying during the final 20ish minutes of the film (including myself). Very very touching and enduring film. Pixar has struck gold again :) 

9.2/10

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

The Frozen short in my showing of Coco got groans from the audience. People were shifting around and on their phones during it. Three people clapped when it was over because they wanted to see Coco not Frozen. 

The reaction to the short was so toxic it makes me wonder if Disney over stayed their welcome with the Frozen brand. If I was Disney I'd pull the short and stop making small Frozen films. Let audiences want Frozen and don't over expose them to it. 

Also I fucking hate Olaf....he is an obnoxious character. I could feel people roll their eyes when over he opened his mouth. 

--------

On the other hand, Coco was loved by the audience and there was tons of positive chatter after. I also heard people crying during the final 20ish minutes of the film (including myself). Very very touching and enduring film. Pixar has struck gold again :) 

9.2/10

Maybe the goal of the Frozen short is to create a contrast that makes Coco even better.  If so...brilliant!

• Like 3

So @raegr did something that was extremely cringey and embarrassing today, surprise surprise.

So I went to the theater to see JL again and then saw Coco.

I went into the auditorium to see Coco, bought a poutine and brought my water from earlier. I sit down and I'm watching the shitty Olaf short before the film. After eating my poutine I start to feel thirsty so I went to go buy a medium sized soft drink, right then and there I needed to use the washroom but I rushed because I was afraid the actual movie was gonna start. I rushed to the bathroom and I saw a sign that said "men" so I enter in that washroom. I saw that there were no urinals and I thought to myself, "that's weird, oh well" so I go into the stall (it was empty so I didn't close the door) I unzipped my fly and was about to pee. I then look over the toilet and see a red tinge on the seat. I still feel completely lost and thought "maybe someone's drink dried on the seat". As I start to pee I hear the voice of an older lady...

it was at this point he knew he f***ed up.

I start to panic and close the stall door. The lady is talking with another lady and the voice gets nearer and nearer, it was then I realized I entered the woman's washroom. So I stayed in the stall for a little bit, waiting for them to leave so that they don't think I'm some kind of creep.

I run out of the washroom and look around, no one was in the lobby. As I walked out I fully read the sign that was obstructed that said "women", I only saw the "men" part. FML

I then returned to the auditorium watching the shitty frozen short feeling like embarrassed, me alone with my thoughts. My God. 

• Haha 5

I'm not one to say his sins are completely irredeemable but I certainly hope he stays out of the public eye and away from Pixar until he gets his shit together, however long that takes. And he doesn't get to wear his Hawaiian shirts anymore if he does come back.

28 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Lasseter is not out people.

He ll have an informal position at Pixar until his last breath.

It s not because you re divorcing you are abandonning the kids.

12 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm not one to say his sins are completely irredeemable but I certainly hope he stays out of the public eye and away from Pixar until he gets his shit together, however long that takes. And he doesn't get to wear his Hawaiian shirts anymore if he does come back.

I get the impression that his absence might be permanent. But why shouldn't he wear the Hawaiian shirts?

• Haha 1

Saw this last night and I thought it was phenomenal.

This is the most visually stunning film Pixar has ever done. But story is the king here. The final 15 minutes was just beautiful. I heard members of the audience crying. I had to control my being teary-eyed as well. lol

This is my top 2 Pixar film. Simply amazing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1