AniNate

Coco | Pixar / Lee Unkrich | Now playing | #1 all-time in Mexico

1 hour ago, Rumpot said:

My favorite too!  I've been listening to the Spanish version also - "El Latido de mi Corazon"

I have to say i enjoyed more the spanish version of the movie (voices and songs). Actually, to me, Pixar movies are way better in latin-spanish than in english, they always do a great job.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Does everyone agree that Coco is the most tear-inducing Pixar movie? It certainly was for me.

I actually didn't cry during it - I was sad and touched, but I already had read the picture book. If I hadn't I probably would have.

I cried at Dory though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I kind of want to go see this film in Spanish now, it seems like it'd play even better in the native language of the culture it's portraying.  (Plus the Spanish recordings of the songs are better)

I'll just wait for the Blu Ray where I can have Spanish spoken language and English subtitles.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Does everyone agree that Coco is the most tear-inducing Pixar movie? It certainly was for me.

I'd personally say Inside Out and Up were more tear inducing (especially since I don't think I actually cried in Coco, but on a different day, I may have).

Was the Olaf's short that bad? Because I loved it. I thought it was funny and sweet. And I liked the songs. The people at my showing, including my friends who were with me, were laughing too and the kids seemed to enjoy it. I feel like I'm an alien with all these bad reactions to it.

Anyway, Coco was beautiful! I went with high expectations because of the reviews and it didn't disappoint. I cried a lot, especially in the last 15 minutes or so. All of my friends cried. I could hear the guy sitting next to me sobbing and his girlfriend teasing him because of it, while holding tears herself, judging by her cracking voice. I'm not sure if it's the most tear-inducing though. I cried several times during Inside Out too. It's between those two. But then there's Dory. And Toy Story 3. And Up. So I don't know lol.

Edited by catlover

Just got out of a showing that was nearly full. Beautiful, beautiful movie. One of my top 5 Pixar films, for sure.

What also added to my experience was the audience reaction. I live in an area of the U.S. where the population majority is Mexican or Mexican-American, myself included. Certain little details and Spanish-language jokes got a lot of laughs in my showing. Very well-received, lots of clapping at the end.

Only negative, really, was the Olaf short. About 15 minutes into it, the audience was getting restless. The couple behind me kept asking one another, "How long does this keep going?" "It's only been 15 minutes, are you kidding?" "It just keeps playing."

• Like 2

Me being curious by the rave reviews after initially dismissing the film on its marketing and Pixar's recent track record

giphy.gif

Me waiting through the umpteen trailers and Olaf's Silly Self-Indulgence

anton.gif

Me finally experiencing the movie

anton-ego-revelation-gif.gif

A Pixar movie finally made me cry, and for years I thought pretty highly of myself for not shedding a tear over Ellie.

• Like 16

33 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Me being curious by the rave reviews after initially dismissing the film on its marketing and Pixar's recent track record.

A Pixar movie finally made me cry, and for years I thought pretty highly of myself for not shedding a tear over Ellie.

You elitist ass bitch, glad you ass bawled.

My culture and people did THAT.

uoHfHSB.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

It's a little annoying that the home city of the director, even if he is a white English speaking guy, doesn't have a single theater showing the Spanish dub 

Hold up, whaaa his location???

He should KNOW betta than to mess with a Latina!

XysyRNY.gif

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I've only shed two tears watching Pixar films - once while watching the end of FD, the other during a rewatch of Up (for the record, it wasn't from the first 10 minutes, it was much later in the movie).

Lady Bird completely destroyed me last week. I'm gonna make sure to bring a tissue for this one if its as tear-inducing as everyone says it is.

• Like 1

After a $40M MXN weekend, total for Coco in Mexico stands at $1,017M. First $1B grosser ever. 

#1 all-time in lc

#1 all-time in admissions

#3 all-time adjusted, next week will be number 1 beating TS3's $1,033M 

First $1B grosser

First 20M admissions seller

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

After a $40M MXN weekend, total for Coco in Mexico stands at $1,017M. First $1B grosser ever. 

#1 all-time in lc

#1 all-time in admissions

#3 all-time adjusted, next week will be number 1 beating TS3's $1,033M 

First $1B grosser

First 20M admissions seller

Love it! So glad it was such a bit in Mexico!