kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers [05.24 - 05.27, 2024] | 4-day actuals | 32.3M FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA | 31.3M THE GARFIELD MOVIE | 22.3M IF | 17.6M KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Yeah. Exactly. What did they say when Apes retained most of its audience compared to the previous Apes OW DOM. Or, when Kung Fu Panda exceeded admissions from 3?

He has been salty about THE FALL GUY as well. Yes, it opened low, but he can't even acknowledge how the movie has retained most of its audience and how great the legs have been.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

In the case of Furiosa, I don’t think there was ever any saving it, but I do think there is a greater point to be made about how people need to stop being so quick to declare movie a bomb before seeing how its legs are. 

If for no other reason than because it's a really aggravating narrative to deal with. Doesn't matter how true it ends up being, just makes the weekend thread miserable earlier more often than not.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

He has been salty about THE FALL GUY as well. Yes, it opened low, but he can't even acknowledge how the movie has retained most of its audience and how great the legs have been.

Speaking of Fall Guy, my buddies girlfriends have been loving it that have watched it in theaters more recently. Romcom aspect is working for them. Obviously highly anecdotal but I can see why the late legs have been strong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

Who is the person with this negative perspective?

17 minutes ago, Mad Max007 said:

Women are never in a rush to watch movies on opening weekends. My gf is always like let's wait till crowds aren't in theaters much lol.

Unless it's Barbie. Women couldn't wait that time.

In general, it's true that movies liked by women tend to have good legs. However, this doesn't mean movies couldn't attract big amount of women for OW.

This for sure is one of the worst Memorial long weekend, but at least one good things, the Monday numbers is generally better than what we had in the past 2 years. Last year the Monday drop was around 20% in average but this year they are in single digit or 10% range. IF and sight even increase.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Speaking of Fall Guy, my buddies girlfriends have been loving it that have watched it in theaters more recently. Romcom aspect is working for them. Obviously highly anecdotal but I can see why the late legs have been strong.

It's going to have a long shelf life. Too bad more could not bother to see it in a theater to make it in to a hit.