The Wild Eric

INSIDE OUT 2 WEEKEND THREAD | 155M DOM, 140M OS | Summer is back, Disney saves the day! | πŸ˜‚πŸ˜’πŸ˜‘πŸ€’πŸ˜±πŸ˜°πŸ˜’πŸ₯±πŸ˜³

5 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

RIP Twisters, it was nice knowing you.

Yeah I don’t even think being the only PG-13 blockbuster on the market will be enough to survive D&W opening weekend and DM4 opening in early July. No one will have any money left over for Twisters.

5 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

Domestic only, I'm starting to believe that the whole top 3 of 2024 will be Disney. The hype for the Moana 2 teaser was even bigger than IO2 (over 100M views only in Ig now!). I wouldn't be surprise with $400M total for itΒ 

Β 

WB still has JOKER II.

Β 

And of course Sony has KRAVEN THE HUNTER.Β :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cmasterclay said:

Sales and tracking were already unimpressive enough tbh.

Still think it would have been a walkup movie. Yeah I know you disagree with that. But not sure at all now.Β 

I always thought a San Andreas-style run was the ceiling for Twisters.Β πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Β 

The rather massive predictions from it in certain corners never seemed based in reality tbh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

Yeah I don’t even think being the only PG-13 blockbuster on the market will be enough to survive D&W opening weekend and DM4 opening in early July. No one will have any money left over for Twisters.

The last two July generated 1.36bn and 1.13bn. Assuming DM4 and D&W made 250m each just in the month of July, there are another at least 600m of BO money up for everyone grab. Definitely there are enough money left for Twister.Β 

• Like 3

Just now, titanic2187 said:

The last two July generated 1.36bn and 1.13bn. Assuming DM4 and D&W made 250m each just in the month of July, there are another at least 600m of BO money up for everyone grab. Definitely there are enough money left for Twister.Β 

Β 

600M DOM for Twisters confirmed

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ringedmortality said:

Β 

Bad Boys + Inside Out gave them renewed confidence

Rising tide lifts all boats is the hope. People being excited about going to the movies can be contagious.Β 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, toutvabien said:

That seems insanely high to report lmao what happened to being conservative?

Β 

And more than a month at that. Or maybe it's really shaping up to be an absolute monster.

38 minutes ago, Eric S'ennui said:

This is also great for Bad Boys. Following Rise of the Beasts’ second weekend, it gets to over 30M. That would be an insane hold right there.

it’ll definitely benefit from Inside Out sell-outs spilling over.Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

2020s Pixar

Β 

1. Soul

2. Elemental

3. Turning Red

4. OnwardΒ 

5. Luca

6. LightyearΒ 

Β 

Oops, I forgot Lightyear was even considered Pixar - yeah, revise my worst recent and put Lightyear under Luca...Lightyear was awful, which is worse than just boring...

4 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I buy Glen Powell starpower now since Hit Man seems to be drawing a big Netflix audience

A Netflix audience isn’t super impressive or hard to acquire. It had lower viewership than Atlas and that French shark film.

I'll probably my next Twisters update on the weekend, but it's been so flat that it hasn't been worth the post.

Β 

It feels exactly like Fall Guy's track, and that spells bad news. Especially since Fall Guy had the benefit of an empty schedule.

Β 

I'm still eager to see it, but even though it's still early, the lack of any enthusiasm in the market for it is bad news.

• Sad 1