kayumanggi

Weekday Numbers [Jun 17-20, 2024] | Thursday | 19.63M INSIDE OUT II | 2.85M BAD BOYS: RIDE OR DIE

a 3x multi off the 2nd weekend, if it's over $86.5m, clinches a $600m dom total for Inside Out 2.

But Finding Dory only had a 2.75x multi off its own 2nd weekend, so who knows.

Incredibles 2 had a 3.22x multi off its 2nd weekend.

I guess the question is will it keep following Finding Dory? It only really followed Finding Dory Sunday and Monday. I think it could outperform Finding Dory. 

87-92m weekend, which would make 600m more and more possible unless it collapses from here on out

51 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

Is it concerning that the Bikeriders previews aren’t getting reported?

Outside BO nerds no one cares. Plus this is a small movie. I dont think the previews BO is going move the needle that much. 

1 minute ago, keysersoze123 said:

Outside BO nerds no one cares. Plus this is a small movie. I dont think the previews BO is going move the needle that much. 

Even among BO nerds there aren't many care although this could be biggest OW for Focus Feature since Downtown Abbey: NE.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Unfitclock said:

@keysersoze123 but there have been smaller movies that have made less in previews that have been reported it’s really weird that for some reason they’re not reporting it

Still no need to look for ulterior motive. Its all dependent on the studio. Smaller ones are all over the place. You may not even get studio estimates for friday. Just weekend number at times. 

So happy for Pixar. The most creative and talented people at Disney. To those who are pissed at the many sequels coming have no right to complain if they don’t show up for Elio next year! Pixar were on an original streak since like 2019 unfortunately due to the pandemic and that Disney+ BS they have to resort to mainly sequels for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

I can't remember what movie it was, but I had a dream last night that some random A24 movie got re-released and it grossed more than it did in its original run. It might have been Hereditary or Talk To Me... but at the same time it could have been some random made-up movie that my dream-mind thought was real.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who has weird box office dreams. 

1 minute ago, Mr Impossible said:

So happy for Pixar. The most creative and talented people at Disney. To those who are pissed at the many sequels coming have no right to complain if they don’t show up for Elio next year! Pixar were on an original streak since like 2019 unfortunately due to the pandemic and that Disney+ BS they have to resort to mainly sequels for the foreseeable future. 

I don't think they even do really. Their sequels get all the press attention because they're a lot easier to get a reaction about, but they have Elio, then another original after that, then possibly another original after TS5.

Now WDA, they are pretty much retreating to the franchise well, but not hard to see why give how things have been going for them the last couple years.

• Like 3

Increible weekdays for IO2, it made $100,5 from monday to thrusday!!!. It's just the sixth movie ever to groos over $100 during weekdays. Here is the ranking

#1 SW7 $142,9 (christmas)

#2 SM: NWH $125,7 (christmas)

#3 A:EG $116,8 (may)

#4 SW9 $112,4 (christmas)

#5 SW7 $111,9 (christmas, 2nd weekdays :))

#6 IO2 $100,5 (june, junetheen)

Even if it has holidays, it's amazing. It's the biggest ever for an animated film. IT's even bigger thatn Barbie's first weekdays ($96,4) during july last year. 

IO2 first weekdays represents 65,2% of the OW.

I expect it to have a second weekend of $80-85 wich will represent a smaller than 50% drop. It will finish with at least $550

It's interesting that in some OS countries (like Argentina) where the despicable me franchise is huge, DM4 open smaller than the second weekend of IO2. It seems DM4 will get more hurt by IO2 than in the other way. So nice to see a good movie doing so great

• Like 8