cannastop

Weekday Thread June 24-27. Inside Out 2 $11.2m, Bad Boys $1.6m Thursday

1 hour ago, Speedorito said:

Biggest winners: Inside Out 2, Dune: Part 2, Bob Marley: One Love, Late Night With the Devil, The Garfield Movie, Bad Boys: Ride or Die

Biggest losers: Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga, IF, The Fall Guy, Madame Web, Argylle, The Watchers

Surprised they didn’t mention Godzilla x Kong

• Like 1

Looks like IO2 will be ~$15m ahead of Barbie after this weekend and like over $30m ahead of Incredibles... damn. I do feel confident about $650m being the new o/u for this one. Will end up selling more tickets than Finding Dory.

$1.5b ww in the realm of real possibility is insane.

Edited by toutvabien

24 minutes ago, Flip said:

Surprised they didn’t mention Godzilla x Kong

Also KFP4.
But Bob Marley made it in the winners list when it barely broke even.

Edited by Assassin

22 hours ago, Cheddar Please said:

Not really, since Barbie's weekend holds were consistently stronger than its weekday holds, it just means that the demand shifted. Averaging out the entire week, its drops still average o/u 40% for most of its run

I mean, that's my point. August is pretty much the opposite of June in terms of weekdays. The longer the month goes by, the more students go back to school which is why weekdays become weaker. In the first week of August, only a few states in the South are back to school. That progressively changes as more and more states resume until about labor day when the last states (usually in the North East) are back in session.

35 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

IO2 lose some PLFs today so drop may be bit more but will hold better tomorrow.

Would we still be looking at flat from Monday given how large the Tuesday increase was though?

On 6/25/2024 at 11:32 AM, cannastop said:

We don't have a thread for this movie, but I just found out that Robot Dreams is getting a wide enough release for me to potentially see it in theaters! 90 theaters across US+CAN and it's coming to 4 within reach of me. Perks of living in a big metro area.

Watched Robot Dreams. It was pretty good.

38 minutes ago, lilmac said:

Will Inside Out 2 hit $60m??? 
AQP: Day1 could top that but may fall a bit short. 

Could be close. 

Either way it looks like for the second weekend in a row the top two films will gross roughly $120m. 

7 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

The Bikeriders doesn’t seem like it’s going to have a strong run at the moment. Barely above 1M on its first Tuesday following a 790K Monday and a surprisingly frontloaded weekend.

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

The Bikeriders doesn’t seem like it’s going to have a strong run at the moment. Barely above 1M on its first Tuesday following a 790K Monday and a surprisingly frontloaded weekend.

It's joever:sadfleck: