cannastop

Weekday Thread June 24-27. Inside Out 2 $11.2m, Bad Boys $1.6m Thursday

5 minutes ago, Youngstar said:

Mark from Insidekino(who clearly also has access to numbers) said that it looks like 13M.

On X or where ? Did not see it from him saying something like that. 

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

OK looks like Inside Out 2 declined 58% from Sunday, which I guess shouldn't be that surprising. It can't act like Elemental which had much stronger Monday holds because Inside Out 2 already burned off so much.

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

That is indeed a bigger drop than I thought. Still good. Incredibles 2 had a better hold after a way worse weekend hold. Really interesting.

Coming back down to earth, and next week Wednesday through Sunday probably levels down a bit more, I think low 600s likely. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, blazera said:

On X or where ? Did not see it from him saying something like that. 

on the insidekino forum.(which is down right now. kinda buggy in the last few weeks)

Just now, kayumanggi said:

Do we have new overseas markets this weekend? 1B is possible by Sunday, right?

looks like only New Zealand will be new for this coming weekend.

Just now, Youngstar said:

on the insidekino forum.(which is down right now. kinda buggy in the last few weeks)

right ? In all the years using it, it never happend before.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

This is a bit steeper than I expected (though this is lower than Barbie's second Monday), but there's not really any reason to be concerned about this. 

If the drop this past weekend was only 34%, I'm sure the drop for the weekend won't be anymore than 40%. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

That would be a 60% drop from Sunday. Pretty steep but Tuesday can recover.

I think the NHL's Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 deflated Monday just a bit. I expect a very impressive recovery today and through the rest of the week. NBA is over. NHL is over. MLB is in the dog days now. Sport will no longer interfere with summer runs for IO2 or any other coming release. 

Just now, JohnnyGossamer said:

I think the NHL's Stanley Cup Finals Game 7 deflated Monday just a bit. I expect a very impressive recovery today and through the rest of the week. NBA is over. NHL is over. MLB is in the dog days now. Sport will no longer interfere with summer runs for IO2 or any other coming release. 

Well there is the Olympics... if that matters.

• Like 1

Sunday hold was unusually strong. So its expected that monday drop would be worse. I would rather keep an eye on week on week drops. That is more relevant than daily drops that depends on what happens on previous day as well. 13.2m 2nd monday is really great. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Said it earlier but I'm pretty certain at this point that the eastern heatwave had an impact with the elevated holds last week

Agree, Disney using that as the basis for the optimistic Sunday projection seemed to bear that out when it went even higher with actuals.

3 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Well there is the Olympics... if that matters.

No. That won't matter. At least not like the NBA Playoffs or a Stanley Cup Game 7 with the best player in the league playing in said game. They're also in France so the time differential will result to many watching prime events on delay with results already available.

This should tame some wild and unrealistic expectation for IO2 like 700m. The best legs for Pixar sequel is TS2 at 4.3x, and that is a movie from 1990s with an A+ cinemascore. That leg would give IO2 an 660m+, that should be the "celling" number for IO2, any figure higher than would need to take some miracle.    

I'm no huge hockey guy, but NHL ratings are WAY up this year from years. I believe I read they're up 50%+ even. And, it was a Game 7. I truly would not just brush off the potential impact that had on IO2's Monday number. We'll have to watch the way the rest of week plays out.