cannastop

Weekday Thread June 24-27. Inside Out 2 $11.2m, Bad Boys $1.6m Thursday

I wanted to see the DM3 rerelease for $1 today at Regal, but ended up having to take my car in for repairs so missed it.

Really glad it is a 2 day thing, so I will be seeing it on Weds.

• Like 2

TLK is objectively animated. No debate about it.

However, most audiences probably perceived it as live-action instead of animated.

Edited by Bob Train

2 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

So then The Jungle Book 2016 is an animated film with one real human in it?

It's both animated and live-action. But TLK 2019 uses entirely computer-generated imagery, so it is 100% animated.

• Like 1

I could get into specious talking points about why TLK isn't animated but honestly deep down the reason I don't want to consider it in the animated film box office category is because it sucks

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Unironically yes. James Cameron's Avatar movies could be animation if it wanted to be called that.

At least real actors were performing before the green screen before they were CGI'd.  Not sure that is same as Lion King or the animals in Jungle book. 

Lion king was actually debated as no performance capture was done. https://academyofanimatedart.com/is-the-lion-king-movie-live-action-or-animated-jon-favreau-says-neither/#:~:text=Because there's no real animals,remake as an animated film.

• Like 3

Elemental's second Tuesday was +52.2% Monday and -18.8% from the prior Tuesday, so that would be a more modest jump by comparison. Seems to be reverting back to the Dory pattern.

7 minutes ago, AniNate said:

Elemental's second Tuesday was +52.2% Monday and -18.8% from the prior Tuesday, so that would be a more modest jump by comparison. Seems to be reverting back to the Dory pattern.

The thing is that it's weekdays have more or less been tracking pretty similarly to Dory (besides for Juneteenth), its weekends otoh are tracking basically on par with fucking JW

4 minutes ago, AniNate said:

I don't think it's surprising that Inside Out 2 doesn't really follow Elemental at all outside of broad strokes like having good multis.

Tuesday June 25: $18.5m

Wednesday June 26: $13.9m (-25%)

Thursday June 27: $11.9m (-14%)

Friday June 28: $17.3m (+45%)

Saturday June 29: $22.0 (+27%)

Sunday June 30th... ?????

That's my prediction for the next few days. I don't know what Sunday will do because it's the Sunday before July 4th and that can make it act weird.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I don't think it's surprising that Inside Out 2 doesn't really follow Elemental at all outside of broad strokes like having good multis.

Tuesday June 25: $18.5m

Wednesday June 26: $13.9m (-25%)

Thursday June 27: $11.9m (-14%)

Friday June 28: $17.3m (+45%)

Saturday June 29: $22.0 (+27%)

Sunday June 30th... ?????

That's my prediction for the next few days. I don't know what Sunday will do because it's the Sunday before July 4th and that can make it act weird.

Based on the pattern from the previous week it's 3rd Friday is going to at least match the Tuesday number so I'd take 18.5+ on that, which even assuming Sun is flat from Fri would get it to about 60m, which is basically the o/u on what I'm expecting next weekend 

Edited by Cheddar Please

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Cheddar Please said:

Based on the pattern from the previous week it's 3rd Friday is going to at least match the Tuesday number so I'd take 18.5+ on that, which even assuming Sun is flat from Fri would get it to about 60m, which is basically the o/u on what I'm expecting next weekend 

I think that the loss of IMAX and other PLF might blindside some people. Once Thursday comes, that's over. So that's why I factored in a big Thursday drop. Also why I think Friday might be lower than Tuesday. Which happened with Elemental actually.

Edited by cannastop
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

I think that the loss of IMAX and other PLF might blindside some people. Once Thursday comes, that's over. So that's why I factored in a big Thursday drop.

Yeah but 18.5 isn't hard to reach even with a Thursday drop, I also factored that in as well lol, I also suspect last Thursday was depressed since it was wedged between two essentially weekend days

Edited by Cheddar Please

47 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

It's both animated and live-action. But TLK 2019 uses entirely computer-generated imagery, so it is 100% animated.

The first shot of the movie isn't. So more like 99.75% animated.