CJohn

SPECTRE | 11/6/15 | Final Trailer on Page 126! | Twitter reactions coming in, STID 2.0?

I can't believe skyfall made what it did after coming off QOS. What a run, nobody though it would end up out grossing TDKR, incredible. I wonder if expanding markets gave it a push, if it did then we can expect a nothing mobster ions overseas gross. 600m is the flaw imo and that's incredible for a franchise that won't end. 30 years from now, bond will be the biggest franchise ever.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 2

I can't believe skyfall made what it did after coming off QOS. What a run, nobody though it would end up out grossing TDKR, incredible.

A funny story about how generally people have zero clue on the box office.

My friend said TDKR was biggest hit of 2012..

I said no Avengers was much bigger and it was third after Bond.

He was like ehh..... what? Bond and Iron man and friends bigger then Batman? 

• Like 2

A funny story about how generally people have zero clue on the box office.My friend said TDKR was biggest hit of 2012..I said no Avengers was much bigger and it was third after Bond.He was like ehh..... what? Bond and Iron man and friends bigger then Batman?

To be fair it's understandable that people would expect TDKR to be bigger, especially if they live in America. Avengers' box office records were hard to ignore though even if you don't track box office, it made the news lol Edited by jessie

Yeah, it's still pretty far out. They made TND and Quantum in two years and I don't think they started shooting until January.

I imagine we'll know when they start filming when they have the press conference announcing the title,
  • Like 1

I can't believe skyfall made what it did after coming off QOS. What a run, nobody though it would end up out grossing TDKR, incredible. I wonder if expanding markets gave it a push, if it did then we can expect a nothing mobster ions overseas gross. 600m is the flaw imo and that's incredible for a franchise that won't end. 30 years from now, bond will be the biggest franchise ever.

^ This

• Like 1

randomly came across this B OM prediction  :lol:

Also worth noting: next year has three movies that are essentially guaranteed to earn over $1 billion: Avengers: Age of UltronBond 24 and Star Wars: Episode VII

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3816&p=.htm

hmm no Its in no way guaranteed in Bond's case (sadly)

Edited by Tauriel
  • Like 1