AnthonyJPHer

Weekday Thread | September 23-26

4 hours ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Going off of that Monday number, Beasts-level staying power is the best case scenario. According to The Wrap, only around 30-something percent of the opening weekend audience consist of families, which confirms what I've been suspecting all along: only diehard fans are even giving the movie a chance. And with Wild Robot taking away the families and Joker 2 taking away everyone else, I don't think casual audiences will be seeing this.

Have YOU seen the film? Cause it looks like you’re talking very harshly about it like it does nothing for you. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

50 minutes ago, cannastop said:

It's September and it's a kid's movie.

45 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

Dude, movies aimed at families usually have stronger discount Tuesdays because they opt for cheaper tickets. 

I'm sorry, but the movie isn't stupid because it had a 66% increase from Monday. 

Aye, I get a big increase isn’t unusual, but the confusing thing is that unless I’ve missed out something, this is now the highest Tuesday bump for a post Covid theatrically released animated movie, beating despicable me 4 at +63%, and Raya at +57% 

Edited by CheeseWizard

47 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Have YOU seen the film? Cause it looks like you’re talking very harshly about it like it does nothing for you. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I have, and I loved it. I'm just being realistic about this movie's financial prospects. Especially after positive fan reception failed to save either Dungeons and Dragons or Furiosa.

At this point I think arguing over the minutiae of each daily bump or decrease for Transformers is kind of missing the forest for the trees. It’s clearly not finding an audience on theatres, and Wild Robot will see to it that it can’t have breakout legs. At this point, it’s best hope is to find an audience on streaming and have damn good merch sales.

7 hours ago, Cooper Legion said:

Yday was 1.25 so 2 would be only +60, #notarecord

Tbh we know it’s 2 million but that could really be anywhere between 2.00 million and 2.09 million so anywhere between 60% and 67%, though idk if they’d round up or down so eh. 

It aint much but having the “highest discount Tuesday uptick of any animated post pandemic movie” means the movie came first in at least something

Edited by CheeseWizard

30 minutes ago, Mandatory said:

ERC:

1. BEETLEJUICE DOS ($1.6M)

2. TRANSFORMERS UNO ($1.1M)

I wonder if Transformers One goes below 1mil today. Either way, big total incoming ;)

-78% for  Sunday - Monday 

+60% for  Monday - Tuesday 

-44% for  Tuesday - Wednesday 

I mean it could go under 1mil if it ends up having -9% for  Wednesday - Thursday? 
idk how likely it is though. If anything, I’d guess a flat 1mil for now. The pattern of increases and decreases looks similar-ish to Mutant Mayhem atm. 

1 hour ago, bryaalre said:

In addition to losing the PLF screens, the hurricane will probably have at least a small impact.  I could see it helping cause that below 1M dip today for Transformers.

Makes sense, though at this point, it falling to below a million doesn’t totally seem worrying to me. Maybe it could be like like Smallfoot or something?

The daily increases/decreases and even the amounts are kind of similar, apart where Smallfoot had Venom, TFOne has Wild Robot, so not exactly comparable in that regard.  
 https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl419661313/

honestly though I’m still confused on why it says TFOne is likely to do 12-15 mil this weekend. I thought everyone was under the consensus that it’d be falling like, 50% or more at the very least 

Edited by CheeseWizard

21 hours ago, wattage said:

I know MUBI will update later, but I'm really so curious about how Substance is doing on the weekdays so I'm actually really excited to see the dailies when they get posted 

I was just posting the same thing. I’m super curious how it did during the week because it seems a ton of people are discussing it. I hope WOM carries over to the weekend.