Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Serkis mentioned the film is going to a lot closer to the book compared to other versions.

He said that before Disney's Jungle Book came out - which turned out to be a lot closer to the book than people thought it would be which put this film in a more difficult position in trying to stand apart.  Hence the delays.

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

He said that before Disney's Jungle Book came out - which turned out to be a lot closer to the book than people thought it would be which put this film in a more difficult position in trying to stand apart.  Hence the delays.

It's unfortunate for Serkis because this was meant to be his directorial debut and his company's first major project.

• Like 1

They'd be smart to get the jump on marketing this asap. Gonna need all the time it can get to build awareness/interest and distinguish itself. 

Also, how the heck is the 2016 Disney film "a lot closer to the book?" It's practically the exact same movie as the animated one, which certainly isn't super faithful to the book. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

They'd be smart to get the jump on marketing this asap. Gonna need all the time it can get to build awareness/interest and distinguish itself. 

I'll be curious to see when the first trailer drops, my guess is with RPO or Rampage. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Interesting rating.

Not really, if you have read the original Kipling stories.......

Much darker and more violent then the Disney version.

Edited by dudalb

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, stephanos13 said:

I think the movie is going to be great. I trust Andy Serkis.

As an actor, yes.

As a director, he is pretty much a unknown quantity. Yes, I know he did some second unit work on the Hobbit movies, but moving from Second Unit to main director is a huge leap that many fail at.

I admit I did not know that Cuaron was brought in,which leads one to suspect that Serkis was not quite up to the task as a director.

Edited by dudalb

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

As an actor, yes.

As a director, he is pretty much a unknown quantity. Yes, I know he did some second unit work on the Hobbit movies, but moving from Second Unit to main director is a huge leap that many fail at.

I admit I did not know that Cuaron was brought in,which leads one to suspect that Serkis was not quite up to the task as a director.

Breathe was decent so he does have directing chops but a big multimillion dollar film is a different kettle of fish, 

• Like 1