Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

On 3/2/2018 at 7:24 AM, Jonwo said:

No different to Tintin which was two and a half years between shooting and completion. WB delaying the project didn't help. 

Well, Tintin didn’t have to contend with Disney’s Tintin makes near 1 billion!

But, it was the smart move on WBs part.  WB must be super happy about Lion King cause if Disney actually did Jungle Book 2and That was opening near this...shit.

• Like 1

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 6

WB set things on fire with IT decimating Sept-Oct records and wonder if they are going with the 'horror' (scary, dark, gritty) angle. That also does a very good job of differentiating with Disney's version.

(Mowgli, FB2, AQM in Oct, Nov, Dec for WB. They could end the year on a big high. EDIT: Smallfoot in late September. I am hoping that becomes a sleeper hit. The trailer was adorable but that's a subject for a different thread.)

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

WB set things on fire with IT decimating Sept-Oct records and wonder if they are going with the 'horror' (scary, dark, gritty) angle. That also does a very good job of differentiating with Disney's version.

(Mowgli, FB2, AQM in Oct, Nov, Dec for WB. They could end the year on a big high. EDIT: Smallfoot in late September. I am hoping that becomes a sleeper hit. The trailer was adorable but that's a subject for a different thread.)

It's clear that given how long post production has taken, the animals are going to look more realistic than the ones in TJB '16. I'm convinced Serkis can pull it off.

2 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I wonder if we are all sleeping on this one or if this one will really flop simply because it will feel like it's too soon for the GA.

It s not the first time Hollywood releases two very similar films, this movie can be successful but not on the scale of JB.

Disney has that fairy tale tone nailed each time.

Warner goes for dark & gritty all the time so we ll see.

Budget must be very high tho, these kind of photo real CGI, not cheap.

Edited by The Futurist

15 hours ago, Jonwo said:

It's clear that given how long post production has taken, the animals are going to look more realistic than the ones in TJB '16. I'm convinced Serkis can pull it off.

It's not all just been for post production, eventually they just delayed it by a long period just so it would be further away from Jungle Book's release.

6 hours ago, The Futurist said:

@EmpireCity

Have you seen some footage ?

Did it look good ?

I saw the footage. It looked very dark and unfortunately the effects didn't look as good as The Jungle Book.  

Sorry to say, but this one simply doesn't have a chance to do all that well domestically.  

• Like 1