Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

Goddamn the whole thing is just unfortunate. The shit just looks identical.

I don’t know what to say, I’ve seen two similar films get released around the same time but I’ve never seen it to a point where I know I will struggle to tell which film is which in a couple of hours.

Just so unfortunate.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Looks fine to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The VFX look good and I don't get the "too dark, i can barely see anything" complaints. Will probably not do great thanks to TJB still being fresh in people's minds.

This trailer was in full HD whereas the other first look wasn't. 

Visually it looks stunning, the Bagheera at the beginning looks better compared to the 2016 Jungle Book Bagheera which is no mean feat considering that was impressive as well. I imagine by the time we get closer to release date, the visuals will look even better.

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

This trailer was in full HD whereas the other first look wasn't. 

Visually it looks stunning, the Bagheera at the beginning looks better compared to the 2016 Jungle Book Bagheera which is no mean feat considering that was impressive as well. I imagine by the time we get closer to release date, the visuals will look even better.

I feel as if this movie was damn near finished ages ago and the film just kept getting delayed. I think what you see is what you’re gonna get.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 2

The animals got more and more fake looking until the wolf showed up and then it was just some Alpha and Omega nonsense.

It won't set the world on fire but I am curious at some of the images with Mowgli among the humans.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Why do the visuals look rather...cheap? I would've expected sharper effects considering this was in post-production for three years.

They were busy removing the kid's mustache. 

I think it looked okay, and looked like a different take.

However, reading YouTube comments on the trailer of various channels indicates that lots and lots of people are very confused as to why there's another Jungle Book so soon.

I feel that may be its downfall

• Like 2

I think it looks good. Watched TJB a couple of weeks ago so this does look incredibly similar to it, outside of the increased presence of other humans. Hopefully it’s actually good and reviews convince people to watch it.

I think the use of real locations will help differentiate from the 2016 Jungle Book. 

One thing I like and noticed is that they're trying to create animal versions of the cast, it's noticeable with Bagheera and Baloo. It's an evolution of what Serkis has done with Gollum and Caesar.

The BTS trailer oddly has better CGI shots compared to the main trailer. 

• Like 1