Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

2 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

Should rate it R to really differentiate it from Disney.

If they did that, all the people making fun of the movie for being darker than the Disney version now would just ramp up the jokes. Thanks to Disney, whenever people think of JB, they think of singing bears and dancing apes. 

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t know how the movie will turn out, but I’m already sick of all the people who are making jokes about this movie for being advertised as dark. While I’m not super familiar with the original Kipling stories, isn’t JB supposed to be dark? Seriously, just because Batman v Superman failed doesnt mean that movies can’t be dark ever again. 

Some adaptations of source material like the Jungle Book are so ingrained in people's minds that anything that is closer to the source material is disregarded. 

21 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Yeah, Serkis said this morning on This Morning that he fully finished the film just last Friday.

I imagine he'll be tweaking it until its closer to release

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If they did that, all the people making fun of the movie for being darker than the Disney version now would just ramp up the jokes. Thanks to Disney, whenever people think of JB, they think of singing bears and dancing apes. 

Ironically Disney did do a non singing, non talking animal adaptation of The Jungle Book back in 1994. 

Kipling's The Jungle Book has some mature and dark themes (namely abandonment - well represented in the 2016 movie) in it's stories but it's still essentially children's literature.  He wrote them for his daughter who died when she was 6.    These are not adult Rated R stories.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I just saw the poster and now I read this? Yeah, lowering my prediction.

10/28

I agree 100%. Will be interesting to see which makes more: this or Alpha :hahaha: 

31 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

it's a good trailer

:apocalypse: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Can't tell if my post failed to post here or if someone is deleting harmless posts again lol

Yeah, it happened to me too. lol.

FWIW studio bashing in general is stupid. Especially to prop up other studios. Kinda ridiculous how so many arguments here end up boiling down to "my favorite giant corporation is better than your favorite giant corporation!" At the end of the day, all of these companies have the same goal: make money.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3