Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

Just now, filmlover said:

Yeah, it happened to me too. lol.

FWIW studio bashing in general is stupid. Especially to prop up other studios. Kinda ridiculous how so many arguments here end up boiling down to "my favorite giant corporation is better than your favorite giant corporation!" At the end of the day, all of these companies have the same goal: make money.

I agree and I wouldn't consider what I posted bashing WB, I just said the tagline was funny! But I guess someone disagrees

37 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Kipling's The Jungle Book has some mature and dark themes (namely abandonment - well represented in the 2016 movie) in it's stories but it's still essentially children's literature.  He wrote them for his daughter who died when she was 6.    These are not adult Rated R stories.

I guess I should just state for the record that I wasnt trying to argue in favor of an R-rated Jungle Book movie. I was just pointing out that if they did give this movie an R-rating, all the people making fun of the trailer for this movie would be ramping things up. 

6 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

TJB's reported prod budget was 175...this can't be much lower can it? WB's Tarzan was also 180.

$150-175m wouldn't surprise me for Mowgli although it could be lower given this was Andy Serkis' first big budget film.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

$150-175m wouldn't surprise me for Mowgli although it could be lower given this was Andy Serkis' first big budget film.

Needs 350-400 ww just to break even at that prod budget. China is a wild card.

WB's 3 'big' releases this year so far - TR, Rampage, RPO - all over-performed in China with 80, 155 and 220.

LoT did 46 C + 184 OS-C = 230 OS. 

TJB did 150 C + 402.5 OS-C = 652.5 OS. :o

If this can do 100 in China (right in between LoT and TJB) and 225 OS-C (much closer to LoT than TJB) for 325 OS, it would be solid. With that hoping for 125 Dom and 450 WW.

Edited by A2k Raptor

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Didn't he leave the forums briefly because Boo! A Madea Halloween was a hit?

tbf 2016 was a year of bombs for them; Boo! breaking out broke him :hahaha: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

Recent WB movies get plenty of praise around here, from myself included. Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, IT, RPO, etc. WB does try excessively to push "dark/edgy" angles with a lot of their tentpoles though, and most of the time it's laughably unnecessary. Case and point: that trailer for this movie. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A2k Raptor said:

Needs 350-400 ww just to break even at that prod budget. China is a wild card.

WB's 3 'big' releases this year so far - TR, Rampage, RPO - all over-performed in China with 80, 155 and 220.

LoT did 46 C + 184 OS-C = 230 OS. 

TJB did 150 C + 402.5 OS-C = 652.5 OS. :o

If this can do 100 in China (right in between LoT and TJB) and 225 OS-C (much closer to LoT than TJB) for 325 OS, it would be solid. With that hoping for 125 Dom and 450 WW.

$125m might be tricky although it did have the advantage that this is the first time in 3-4 years where there isn't a huge tentpole at the beginning of November.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Nah, he dislikes Lionsgate and Paramount.

That;s weird, the studio people love to hate is usually Disney....

I am just the opposite;I sort of hope Paramount turns it around; sad to see one of the olded, it not the oldest,studio in Hollywood having such a rought period.

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Recent WB movies get plenty of praise around here, from myself included. Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, IT, RPO, etc. WB does try excessively to push "dark/edgy" angles with a lot of their tentpoles though, and most of the time it's laughably unnecessary. Case and point: that trailer for this movie. 

Nolan's power still lingers years after the TDK trilogy has ended. ;)