Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

The reason the animals look wack in this version is because they did mo cap for the animals and incorporated the actors facial features into the animal cg. These humanoid features especially the human like eyes on the animals is what makes them look off and gives off the uncanny effect. 

The animals in TJB actually look like animals. 

MNWOFES_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Also Shere Khan definitely looks more menacing in TJB than this one. 

But overall I thought the CGI and effects were decent but the trailer was OK. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

The reason the animals look wack in this version is because they did mo cap for the animals and incorporated the actors facial features into the animal cg. These humanoid features especially the human like eyes on the animals is what makes them look off and gives off the uncanny effect. 

While the humanoid faces on the animals isn't working for me I understand what they were going for.  But aesthetically what is the excuse for all the moth eaten looking fur?

8 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Also Shere Khan definitely looks more menacing in TJB than this one. 

But overall I thought the CGI and effects were decent but the trailer was OK. 

They all look good, except for the snake and wolf. Those look off. Shere Khan also kinda looks weird, but it works because he’s supposed to be the villain. 

This looks pretty good, don't know why people are complaining. So silly. I loved the 2016 Disney version, but this one can be great too. The motion capture acting in that last War of the Apes movie was mindblowing, if Mowgli has the same quality or even some improvement on the technology it will be worth the ticket. 

• Like 5

I'm more interested in this one than I was for the live-action remake a couple of years ago. Yeah, the creature effects could use some polishing, but I was a fan of Kipling's stories long before I saw the Disney animated film. I have a softer spot for those stories, which is why I hope this excels.

Pretty excited... Thought the trailer was pretty great! I agree that the mocap and vfx of the animals don't look as good as I thought they would be (I thought it'd look like the planet of the apes movies) but visually the movie still looks beautiful

32 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This looks pretty good, don't know why people are complaining.

Because they, as usual, are intensely kissing the butts of everything Disney (except Solo...Solo is apparently the biggest POS sight unseen).

I liked Favreau's TJB, but this looks awesome to me too, and I appreciate the animals faces being more cartoonishly humanoid.

But to each their own.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StevenG said:

Because they, as usual, are intensely kissing the butts of everything Disney (except Solo...Solo is apparently the biggest POS sight unseen).

I liked Favreau's TJB, but this looks awesome to me too, and I appreciate the animals faces being more cartoonishly humanoid.

But to each their own.

Yeesh. Sometimes people are simply stating their opinions. It’s not abnormal behavior to not like a piece of marketing marterial for an upcoming movie. It happens with all movies, why is this the one that has some all twisted up about it?

• Like 1

This movie actually looks pretty decent. But I think it's going to bomb HARD. I have next to no knowledge of Kipling's actual books, so I can't say how this compares to that. But I will say that to most people, it will probably just look like a rip-off of Disney's remake from a couple years ago. And I KNOW that has been said about it countless times, but finally seeing some footage really makes it sink in. There's just not enough to differentiate the two, despite WB advertising how "dark" it is.