Neo

Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle | Nov 29 2018 (LA, NY), Dec 7 (Netflix) | Bale, Blanchett, Cumberbatch & Naomie Harris confirmed

Whoa, and what Serkis did that implicates his vision will be better than Favreaus'?

Second unit for Hobbits?

Well I have faith in Serkis, it may be blind faith, but it is faith. Favereau has proven time and time again that he is an incapable director.

Trademark on the Jungle Book name is with the book, which I'm pretty sure is public property. That would mean Disney can't make them change the title, although I'd suggest them to do that either way.

Both movies should be named The Jungle Book! The first one that comes out automatically wins! :P

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't even know if it's a real thing anymore.

I bet it isn't. They probably don't want to release Tarzan and this in back to back years :rofl: Plus Disney's Jungle Book is gonna be huge.

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I bet it isn't. They probably don't want to release Tarzan and this in back to back years :rofl: Plus Disney's Jungle Book is gonna be huge.

I think Disneys Jungle Book may have killed this, or at least made WB delay it to get the VFX up to scratch and to give audiences time to forget the Disney version. 

Now for Dunkirk to take this slot (war movies go better in fall for some reason) and Wonder Woman to move to July.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Now for Dunkirk to take this slot (war movies go better in fall for some reason) and Wonder Woman to move to July.

Not happening since WW just moved to June 2.

26 minutes ago, CJohn said:

sirkis.jpg?w=970

I actually do believe him. They need the VFX to be top notch, else it will get compared unfavorably to the Disney version, and the more distance they can get from the Disney version the better for them as well. Won't be surprised if WETA gets some mega bonuses for this movie.

• Like 12

8 hours ago, grim22 said:

I think Disneys Jungle Book may have killed this, or at least made WB delay it to get the VFX up to scratch and to give audiences time to forget the Disney version. 

I think Dunkirk should move but WB gave it same release date as Saving Pivrate Ryan. 

I mean what I'm taking away from this is they just really want to distance themselves from Favreau's JB now considering the reception it's getting. An extra year now will be fine, and of course, the effects now better be top-notch.