Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

Director: Josh Boone
Writer: Josh Boone Co-Write w/Knate Gwaltney

Producer(s): Simon Kinberg & Lauren Shuler Donner

Distributor: FOX
__________________________________________________________________________________
NEWS
'NEW MUTANTS' Next Superhero Film For Fox?

Fox Mints ‘The New Mutants’ X-Men Spinoff; ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ Helmer Josh Boone To Direct

Looks Like Fox's NEW MUTANTS Director Is A Lifelong X-MEN Fan

• Like 1

In which point of the timeline can we expect this to be set?

No clue. We're still wondering when Wolverine 3 will be set.

Are people thinking Gambit is going to take place around Apocalypse times? Or will it perhaps take place in the "present" that we saw at the end of DOFP. Which I suppose may get further muddied by whether or not Apocalypse messes around with the timeline.

New Mutants could take place in the happy DOFP future, where the school is up and running. Or it could take place right after Apocalypse, with Scott and Jean and everyone else basically joining the New Mutants team too. They'd really be just about the right age for New Mutants. It's funny, the movie could be called New Mutants, but it could star half of the original X-Men.

New Mutants could take place in the happy DOFP future, where the school is up and running. Or it could take place right after Apocalypse, with Scott and Jean and everyone else basically joining the New Mutants team too. They'd really be just about the right age for New Mutants. It's funny, the movie could be called New Mutants, but it could star half of the original X-Men.

I don't know about that, because it's being remarked that this is a spin off and not a main entry in the series. I'm guessing any film starring Storm&Co will have "X-Men" in the title.

It may be a spin-off but New Mutants was always about a younger batch of mutant students at Xavier's. So I wouldn't be surprised if the younger crew of Apocalypse end up being the protagonists here.

I hope they set the movie  in the early 90s. 

Edited by Northstars

I agree about Dani Monster and Magik.

The authors only real point with Rictor is cause he's gay. If the story isn't important to use Rictor than using him is pointless. The author want's to make a socio-political point and I've worn thin of such things at this point. 

I'd say Cannonball, Wolfsbane and Boom-Boom are more integral to New Mutants lore. Get them plus bring in a young Warpath, Blink & Sunspot who featured in XM:DofP and you'v got a lineup. That way the audience sees a younger version of a few they've already seen + these new ones. 

Depending on if Domino appears in Deadpool you could even put a young Domino on the maybe pile of appearances. 

The original New Mutants were an uncharacteristically female-heavy team. I liked that there wasn't a "token female" (like it's become the norm in superhero team movies) and in fact, women tended to outnumber men in the team. I hope that they keep it that way for the film.