Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm still not too jazzed with this film just because I'm superhero'd out and it doesn't really sound like this will bring much to the table. 

It's going to be the first superhero film with a female heavy team. And the tone is described as "John Hughes meets Stephen King".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

It's going to be the first superhero film with a female heavy team. 

Neat. I'm all for equal rights, but that doesn't make the film any more appealing.

3 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

And the tone is described as "John Hughes meets Stephen King".

Homecoming is supposed to be in the vein of John Hughes too.

20 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Neat. I'm all for equal rights, but that doesn't make the film any more appealing.

Im not gay, but if I was, I'd demand equal rights

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You said it wasn't "bringing much to the table" and I just pointed out it does through a new dynamic for the genre. And Homecoming does not have shades of Stephen King as far as I know, unless marketing lies and Tony Stark ends up chopping down a door to terrorize Aunt May and Peter.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jandrew said:

I'm with Coolio, I don't read comics. What even is this? Someone explain the New Mutants to me. Why are they new?

It's basically just another team of mutants. Pretty much the same as others but with a slightly different coat of paint.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Hope Boone gets a lot of freedom with this a al Mangold with Logan. Really hope there's lots of angsty teen stuff here

That's the whole point of the New Mutants imho - a side team where they can focus more on their individual lives and teen drama rather than the whole mythos of the X-Men, so let's hope that indeed happens.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 2