Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

Scary news actually. I remember someone once describing F4ntastic as "body horror" so that's what this reminds me of for some reason. I thought it would be more of an YA movie...

Edit: After having read the whole article I'm more optimistic. It seems the YA stuff will still be there, good.

I just really wanna them to keep getting these movies right.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Looks like this will be the first "superhero teen horror" movie. Also, Rosario Dawson and 13 Reasons Why's Henry Zaga rumored for roles.

Oh, that sounds good. Here hoping it doesn't get Trank'd.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Looks like this will be the first "superhero teen horror" movie. Also, Rosario Dawson and 13 Reasons Why's Henry Zaga rumored for roles.

Ew 13 Reasons Why is awful.

Also Dawson really like being in comic book stuff. This, Lego Batman, and the Netflix shows lol

9 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Scary news actually. I remember someone once describing F4ntastic as "body horror" so that's what this reminds me of for some reason. I thought it would be more of an YA movie...

Yeah but as Goffe said, the studio really pulled a number on that film. Also, the "no supervillains" part sounds really refreshing. The Demon Bear should ideally be like a cross between It and Pet Cemetary (plus its own weird mystical thing). The YA part may still be there as Boone mentioned "John Hughes meets Stephen King" again, and he explicitly mentioned the connection between the source material to his own adolescence. 

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Oh, that sounds good. Here hoping it doesn't get Trank'd.

I think Fox has learned its lesson now after the floppage of Fant4stic and the success of Deadpool and Logan. Apocalypse flaws were down purely to Singer/Kinberg creative decisions, as opposed to studio meddling.

6 minutes ago, Robertman2 & Knuckles said:

Ew 13 Reasons Why is awful.

Also Dawson really like being in comic book stuff. This, Lego Batman, and the Netflix shows lol

They are rumored to be hiring an actor from the show, not being inspired by the show.

And yeah, it looks like "genre entertainment" is more open to casting actresses of color (also see Zoe Saldanha). 

I don't understand how this is different than Dark Phoenix, it says it is about the first graduates of Charlie's School for the gifted. wouldn't that be Jean, Scott, Nightcrawler ect.. who were in Apocalypse and are going to in Dark Phoenix, are both actors going to be in each film?  

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

I think Fox has learned its lesson now after the floppage of Fant4stic and the success of Deadpool and Logan. Apocalypse flaws were down purely to Singer/Kinberg creative decisions, as opposed to studio meddling.

Wasn't the studio the one who wanted a more CGI fest instead of Singer's style of traditional VFX?

10 minutes ago, slambros said:

I thought this was going to be a high school comedy type thing so this is pretty different.

The Demon Bear Saga is really not comedy.

Actually, the New Mutants in general weren't that comedic. Some funny bits, but it went to a lot of dark places.

It does strike me that if they're going for a horror angle, that could be one reason they can make and meet a release date next spring. It's not going to have the same post-production requirements of other CBMs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

I love how Fox is trying to take risks and go for different spins and cross genres on their funny book movies.

Too bad they had no balls during Fant4stic and ruined the movie completely. Turned it into something that it was never meant to be just because the fans were so negative about the first teaser. They should have left it as a body horror/drama movie and finished those set pieces. Fools. But trank being trank also didn't help matters. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

Too bad they had no balls during Fant4stic and ruined the movie completely. Turned it into something that it was never meant to be just because the fans were so negative about the first teaser. They should have left it as a body horror/drama movie and finished those set pieces. Fools. But trank being trank also didn't help matters. 

Uh Fant4stic has nothing to do with any of this.

3 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

Uh Fant4stic has nothing to do with any of this.

Yes it does. He was talking about how fox is ushering in a new era of ballsy comic book movies and I gave an example that shows that they can flounder. Moreover, this movie is a horror movie now..exactly what that was initially but turned into something else later in the post.

Ps: we should stop arguing with each other and just talk about our common love...Valerian. That needs all the support it can get.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1