Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

15 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Did Disney/Marvel watch this movie already? Did Feige say anything about it?

I don't mean to be cruel but......

Of course Disney/Marvel have watched the movie.They have owned it since the middle of March when the merger happened.

I ma sure Feige has seen it, don';t know what he said. But that they pushed it back almost a whole freaking year..again...is a sign they have no confidence in it.

It looks more and maore liks Disney]Marvel knows it has a turkey on it's hands, and has decided it is probably beyond saving, and will spend a minimum amount of money on it's release. It's not go to get any Dark Phoenix level reshoots.

And I am no fan of The Mouse, but you can't blame them for this one. It's all on Fox's head...from the way Fox treated it Fox also thought it had a fiasco on their hands.

Only good thing is the movie had such a low budget;that makes it disposable.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, AJG said:

I find myself leaning more towards the theory that New Mutants was never actually shot and the trailer was an elaborate Argo style hoax.

This is going to compete with the 2015 Fantastic Four for the biggest fiasco in the history of CBMs.

The idea of a horror themed super hero movie is a really good one, but looks as if it's another case of a great idea messed up by inept handling.

1 hour ago, Sam said:

Real proud of yourself for that one huh?

Honestly, I’m in a holding pattern until they announce Secretary of State Thaddeus “Thunderbolt” Ross is in this.

Edited by MrGamer
  • Haha 6

38 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm just impressed they're not banishing this to the pits of Disney+ or something.

I think they’re just waiting to see how Dark Phoenix performs before making a decision.

2 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Fuck you Disney.... I didn’t know you guys had the leftover Weinstein delay curse.

P.S. Not against Disney but cmon it’s gonna die either way. 

Hey, Fox also put the movie on the shelf for over a year.

It says something that two studios treated this movie like it was something the cat dragged in.

1 hour ago, AJG said:

I think they’re just waiting to see how Dark Phoenix performs before making a decision.

Maybe.but I got a feeling that New Mutants might be considered beyond salvage.

I got a feeling Disney might be contractual obliged to give it a theatrical release, but will do it as cheaply as possible;dump it and hope you get a tax write off for it.

If fact I am beginning to suspect that a tax write off for 2020 might be the main reason The Mouse is delaying this. Studios have been known to do that.

For what it's worth, just read that a couple of the contracts with the actors require a theatrical release.

SO this could get a theatrical release becaouse Disney is legally obligated to do so. Anycontracts made with Fox, Disney has to honor.

• Like 2

If Disney is moving forward with the reshoots and that's the reason why they decided to delay it to 2020 that's good news. They could easily dump it untouched in August. Because if Marvel wants to use these characters in the MCU, they would be better this supposed brand damaging disaster be out sooner rather than later. Going ahead with the planned reshoots means they believe in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I always love it when people talk about a movie like they know exactly how it's going to turn out

Kinda hard to have faith in a movie that's been delayed to nearly two years after it's original release date

There are legit reasons why the movie has been delayed so much. First delay was for the reshoots and all the subsequent delays have been to accommodate the Disney/Fox merger. The movie obviously still needs reshoots but I don't think the situation is as dire as it may seem.  

• Like 1