Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

And that crap rumor is not the way that Kevin Feige operates.   I think Feige's opinion would be if you have to reshoot 75% of something, it's not worth much anyway, so just throw the whole think out,and start from scratch, with a clean slate, without any baggage.

Yes I would bet that that rumor is pure fan fantasy wishful thinking BS.

14 minutes ago, nick64 said:

Solo was a prequel not a reboot... Casting a young Han Solo =/= Creating a whole new X-Men series

I see that Kevin Feige's statement that a new X men series was a few years down the line seems to have passed you by.

And, frankly, if he was going to reboot now, then throw out the current NM film..if you have reshoot 75% of it it a sign it pretty well stunk.....and start from scratch, with a clean slate, and not have the problem of dealing with a messed up film handicapping you.Never build on a bad foundtation,better to clear it and start a new  one.

Look, I know you despertly want a new X men series, but everything we have heard from Marvel Studios indicates it is going to be a few years down the line.

Sometimes we just can';t have what we want. Better to face reality then liven if a fantasy world that will come crashing down around your head.

And we have heard nothing about this except from that one source...a pretty good sign it's a BS rumor.

Edited by dudalb
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

I see that Kevin Feige's statement that a new X men series was a few years down the line seems to have passed you by.

And, frankly, if he was going to reboot now, then throw out the current NM film..if you have reshoot 75% of it it a sign it pretty well stunk.....and start from scratch, with a clean slate, and not have the problem of dealing with a messed up film handicapping you.Never build on a bad foundtation,better to clear it and start a new  one.

Look, I know you despertly want a new X men series, but everything we have heard from Marvel Studios indicates it is going to be a few years down the line.

Sometimes we just can';t have what we want. Better to face reality then liven if a fantasy world that will come crashing down around your head.

And we have heard nothing about this except from that one source...a pretty good sign it's a BS rumor.

Lmao that quote was literally about you bringing up Solo when I simply said they were rebooting the series. Not sure where all of this is coming from.

So a couple things you presumed falsely:

1) No it didn’t pass me by at all. If these rumors are true though, it would make sense that they try to incorporate it. I mean they’re most likely contractually obligated to release it, and if it means nothing to them, why bother pushing it back and reshooting it? Just let it bomb quietly. I’m not saying it’s 100% happening, so chill a bit. It’s a theory. On a board called Box Office THEORY.

2) I don’t give a shit about a new X-Men series. I’d rather them leave it alone for a good five years or so, that way it’ll feel fresh. And we have plenty of other fresh properties they can use at the moment. So again, get off your little high horse. We hear a rumor, we speculate, that’s the whole fun of the board. Maybe it is BS, probably is. But if it’s not, then yeah, MCU tie ins would make sense and I doubt they’d bring in the old X-Men cast.

Sorry that this apparently a really touchy subject for you.

Edited by nick64

that reshoot is basically what fox planned for 2018 reshoots.

apparently x-23 girl was in it, but colussus got cutted because anya taylor-joy refused to do big reshoots. eventually all plan canceled. and josh boone wasn't goint to do reshoots because fox didn't like his work.

so that new rumor seems.. meh. 

they can't do that 75% reshoots in this short time with new cg/set works.

like..  anya taylor-joy will be busy with new movie(edgar wright) may to august.

Edited by imbruglia

3 hours ago, imbruglia said:

that reshoot is basically what fox planned for 2018 reshoots.

apparently x-23 girl was in it, but colussus got cutted because anya taylor-joy refused to do big reshoots. eventually all plan canceled. and josh boone wasn't goint to do reshoots because fox didn't like his work.

so that new rumor seems.. meh. 

they can't do that 75% reshoots in this short time with new cg/set works.

like..  anya taylor-joy will be busy with new movie(edgar wright) may to august.

The rumors never said that Fox didn't like his work unless you're basing this on that troll Slugzilla from Superherohype who from the get go, has said that he worked in fucking CATERING, and yet seemed to know all these magical things about the film, the behind the scenes and made it sound like he was creatively involved. Sneider, the trades, all those said that the film tested well, Sneider even added that it tested better than Dark Phoenix and as well as Deadpool did in its first screenings. And the common thing was that Fox wanted more scares and that's what the reshoots were going to focus on, and essentially letting Boone make the film he really wanted to make from the start. And then merger happens, schedules are all over the place, Boone has The Stand, etc. 

Also, the person who wrote about those new rumors acknowledged the schedules of the various stars and also says the reshoots would be late 2019. We'll see, maybe it's nonsense, but it's clear to me (and it should be to others) that reshoots of some kind will happen considering the film comes out in April of 2020. Disney is giving the film a chance, that's clear too. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins

I wondered about the possibility of linking The New Mutants to the MCU through any reshoots, but on balance think the idea is a non-starter.

When mutants are introduced into the MCU, it will be a very important development for the series. But we know the next three years of Marvel movies, it's something like (in rough order) Black Widow, The Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Shang-Chi, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Spider-Man 3. I imagine Fantastic Four could be a surprise inclusion when Marvel announce their upcoming films this summer (depending how far ahead they are going to announce). All that leaves no room for more mutant movies for several years.

For Feige to bring mutants into the universe and then have no follow-up movie for such a long time would be a misfire. And it's probably best to leave the whole X-Men/mutants storyline alone for at least five years after so many X-movies in the last twenty!

5 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

The rumors never said that Fox didn't like his work unless you're basing this on that troll Slugzilla from Superherohype who from the get go, has said that he worked in fucking CATERING, and yet seemed to know all these magical things about the film, the behind the scenes and made it sound like he was creatively involved. Sneider, the trades, all those said that the film tested well, Sneider even added that it tested better than Dark Phoenix and as well as Deadpool did in its first screenings. And the common thing was that Fox wanted more scares and that's what the reshoots were going to focus on, and essentially letting Boone make the film he really wanted to make from the start. And then merger happens, schedules are all over the place, Boone has The Stand, etc. 

Also, the person who wrote about those new rumors acknowledged the schedules of the various stars and also says the reshoots would be late 2019. We'll see, maybe it's nonsense, but it's clear to me (and it should be to others) that reshoots of some kind will happen considering the film comes out in April of 2020. Disney is giving the film a chance, that's clear too. 

I don't have time for your mess. If you don't believe him then don't believe new mutants update twitter too. since they share lots of same rumors. lol 

and yiki at "the movie tested well but delyed two years"

Edited by imbruglia

4 hours ago, Clouseau said:

I wondered about the possibility of linking The New Mutants to the MCU through any reshoots, but on balance think the idea is a non-starter.

When mutants are introduced into the MCU, it will be a very important development for the series. But we know the next three years of Marvel movies, it's something like (in rough order) Black Widow, The Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Shang-Chi, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Spider-Man 3. I imagine Fantastic Four could be a surprise inclusion when Marvel announce their upcoming films this summer (depending how far ahead they are going to announce). All that leaves no room for more mutant movies for several years.

For Feige to bring mutants into the universe and then have no follow-up movie for such a long time would be a misfire. And it's probably best to leave the whole X-Men/mutants storyline alone for at least five years after so many X-movies in the last twenty!

And I just don't think Feige wants to reboot the X men on the foundation of a film that is badly flawed;if you need to reshoot 75% of a film that sure as hell a sign it's badly flawed. It makes no sense. Better to just forget NM and start with a clean slate

I think the film will go out pretty much as is;I doubt Disney will spend a lot in trying to save it.

And with a reported 40 to 50 Million dollar budget, it's not like Disney has a lot at stake with this.not enough to justiry spending a lot of money.

Look, New Mutants had a great basic idea, but it seems to have been screwed up in the making.That happens a lot if you have not noticied: great idea messed up by bad decisions.

Reshoots CONFIRMED

Kinberg exclusively told Digital Spy: "What's happening is we're gonna do reshoots this year on that film and it has a new release date from Disney. That's really it.

https://www.digitalspy.com/movies/a27628308/x-men-new-mutants-delay-reason-reshoots/?utm_content=buffer78c1f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=maintwitterpost

So, what's the status of this movie now? Dark Phoenix was badly reviewed and is flopping ( I liked the movie, but that's not the discussion here ).

Is it gonna be released to the new Disney's streaming service? Is it gonna be cancelled? The actors are already 2 years old now, so reshooting it is gonna be weird. 

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

reshoots will be interesting. the characters are gonna randomly get older and younger throughout the film.

I'm expecting someone to somehow blame this on time travel.

"They're older here than they were 3 scenes ago and now they're young again?"

"Time travel"

"But -"

"Time. Travel."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1