Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

7 hours ago, TimmyRiggins said:

The title is going to stay the same, it's just small (from what I was told) references to the Fox films being removed. I was also told months ago that there was a definite chance that TNM could be part of the MCU, that Disney wanted Anya Taylor Joy for example for X-Force (which, as of a few months ago, was still being developed I believe). And now, it's becoming even more of a possibility after Disney was really surprised by how well the screening went. Of course, that also depends on the BO return, but the film only cost 45M, so it's bound to make some serious coin.

That same person also told me Boone is finally happy with the film, and that the cut screened is closer to his original vision, more horror was added, secret reshoots actually happened (with Boone of course) at some point, the action is also bigger, the third act is bigger, so this is all very good to hear for those, like me, who are really excited about the film. Blame Fox for sitting on the film for so long, and then the merger adding to the mess. 

May be wishful thinking, but I'd be ecstatic if we could end up seeing Boone's original NM trilogy happening. And it'd also be a cool thing to have them in their own corner of the MCU, have a really different, actually fresh and distinct feel to them, introduce mutants, and then have them crossover whenever they feel like it.

Holy smokes, you're getting my hopes back up again!

15 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

If they announce that New Mutants is going to be returning in the MCU in the future before release that could drastically improve it's box office chances.

Not only would making this part of the MCU help out it's box office, but the fact that this would in fact become the X-Men's first introduction into the MCU would help even more.

And all you'd need would be a little post-credit scene where Magik says something about her big brother hanging out with a masked idiot and this thing could really get things going.

21 hours ago, TMP said:

Why do you hope that?

Not the one you asked that, but I ~ hope it to a degree too bcs it would mean the movie could be better than some rumours and whatever seem to suggest?

If re-shots took place I guess the budget is higher, plus advertising, dubbing for worldwide release.... that is expensive still.

If its a rather good movie, yeah, maybe first steps for getting Mutants into the MCU? Depends still on story detail if I even will 'stan' for that.

We will see...

10 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Doubt that Disney would link a neglected FOX movie to the MCU $1B+ blockbusters - but perhaps to spin off some characters in a Disney+ TV series.

Or they just want to separate this version of the NM Charecters from any future version. You know , sort of like a quarantine.

And I see this film's #1 fan is still living in a fantasy world where Disney is going to spends ten of milliions of dollars on this version of the New Mutants...….

1 hour ago, Litio said:

Why you people who are upset by this movie don't make an online petition asking Disney to cancel it? Don't forget to post the link here, please. 

We are not upset, we just see too many signs that the movie is not very good,and we see lots of signs that both Fox and Disney agree also think the film is a mess.

Let Disney do what it wants with this thing. Just don't expect me to waste 12 bucks on what looks like a crappy movie.

And we don't do dumbass fanboy stunts like online petitions, which the studios ignore anyway.

Edited by dudalb

On 9/3/2019 at 5:53 PM, Litio said:

Why you people who are upset by this movie don't make an online petition asking Disney to cancel it? Don't forget to post the link here, please. 

Online petition....HaHaHaHa

Those aren't with the URL link they are taking up space with.