Neo

The New Mutants | August 28, 2020 | Rumors are saying it released, but no one we know saw it

6 hours ago, Cochofles said:

What was the name of those “evil New Mutants” that Emma Frost, Selene, and the rest of the Hellfire Club were training? 

Hellions. They were mercilessly murdered because X-Men writers use teen mutants as hunting game.

Btw, have you New Mutants fans watched this amazing decade appropriate video where the kids sneak off to a Lila Cheney/Dazzler concert after dance lessons with Stevie Hunter?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hellions. They were mercilessly murdered because X-Men writers use teen mutants as hunting game.

Btw, have you New Mutants fans watched this amazing decade appropriate video where the kids sneak off to a Lila Cheney/Dazzler concert after dance lessons with Stevie Hunter?

WTF is this awesome thing?????? Why have I not seen this thing before?? I LOVE IT!

20 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

I liked the Hellions. :(

I miss those comics...the first year or two of The New Mutants were fucking awesome.

• Like 1

On 06/05/2016 at 5:49 PM, Cochofles said:

I liked the Hellions. :(

I miss those comics...the first year or two of The New Mutants were fucking awesome.

Yeah, I'm currently reading that run. Dani Moonstar and Illyana especially are such terrific characters. The Demon Bear Saga is just lit, and with that gorgeous Bill Sienkiewicz art to boot.

My gateway team of youngsters to the X-Men however were the New X-Men/Academy X students, in the early-mid 00's after Grant Morrison's run. Another bunch of promising youngsters, most of whom slaughtered again as per the course for mutant teenagers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Yeah, I'm currently reading that run. Dani Moonstar and Illyana especially are such terrific characters. The Demon Bear Saga is just lit, and with that gorgeous Bill Sienkiewicz art to boot.

My gateway team of youngsters to the X-Men however were the New X-Men/Academy X students, in the early-mid 00's after Grant Morrison's run. Another bunch of promising youngsters, most of whom slaughtered again as per the course for mutant teenagers.

What is it with Marvel and using teens as cannon fodder?  :angry:

Has anyone seen the Runaways lately? Power PacK?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cochofles said:

What is it with Marvel and using teens as cannon fodder?  :angry:

Has anyone seen the Runaways lately? Power PacK?

Teens make for perfect cannon fodder because their deaths provide a ton of shlockdrama, being "taken away in the flower of their youth" and all. And also because most of them aren't A-List so offing them saves the actual adult A-Listers and also furthers the story of the latter. Three different groups under Emma Frost's watch have perished (Hellions, Genosha kids and Academy X students depowered after M-Day). And the "lucky" few who survived get picked one by one now and then whenever a writer feels like it.

I have no clue when the Power Pack was last seen. As for the Runaways, Nico Minoru is the only one who currently appears in comics (the all-female A-Force with Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Dazzler and Medusa). Before that, she and Chase Stein were part of The Hunger Games inspired Avengers Arena where superpowered kids were kidnapped and forced to kill each other in a virtual arena by Arcade. Ah, to be young and superpowered in the Marvel Universe. 

• Like 2

Team lineup confirmation via THR

The movie will focus on the angst-driven adventures of a diverse group of teens that include Native American Danielle Moonstar, Scots girl Wolfsbane, Brazilian ladies man Sunspot, a Kentuckian code-named Cannonball, and Russian teen Magik. Also in the mix will be an alien named Warlock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Didn't Josh Boone turn in 2 drafts?  Are they rewriting/fixing his script?

Anyway, Anya Taylor Joy commented on the rumors of her casting at IGN.  Also, a few months back James McAvoy in an interview said he talked to another actress signed up for it and she was telling him all this info about New Mutants (and he co-stars with Joy in Split).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AaronL said:

Didn't Josh Boone turn in 2 drafts?  Are they rewriting/fixing his script?

Anyway, Anya Taylor Joy commented on the rumors of her casting at IGN.  Also, a few months back James McAvoy in an interview said he talked to another actress signed up for it and she was telling him all this info about New Mutants (and he co-stars with Joy in Split).

THR claims Boone and Knate Gwatley wrote the initial draft and story and that Neustadter and Weber will take it from there.

Anya Taylor would be pretty great as Magik, going by her performance in The Witch. Wolfsbane would be an interesting character for Maisie Williams too. I hope they announce the core cast and release date soon. 

• Like 1

Deadpool is also scheduled to start filming in January. (Deadpool in Vancouver and New Mutants in Montreal.)

After Wolverine in March, the next two "untitled Marvel movies" from Fox are October 6 2017 and March 2 2018. (There's also one on June 28 2018.)

So which is which? Based on past history with X-Men movies, Fox is more than comfortable with a really quick post-production schedule, so something that starts filming in Januray could easily make that October release date.

I could see them wanting to put Deadpool on that March 2 date, which leaves New Mutants in October. But I could also speculate that X-Foce would make sense as a big budget action movie releasing in June, with Deadpool anchoring a whole team of mutants, and if that's the case, they might want Deadpool 2 in October, just to put a tiny bit more distance between it and X-Force. (And of course, there's still the mythical Gambit possibility for some future untitled Marvel release date.)

• Like 1

Wow, I could have sworn Deadpool would be in March but you do bring up a good point about X-Force, now I'm not so sure.

All I know for sure is that I'm really damn excited about Fox finally expanding their universe! I'm seriously hyped beyond belief! I can't freaking wait!

:ohmygod:

Edited by Arlborn

Finally, they reveal the status of two other X-Men spin-off films, Gambit and The New Mutants. The Channing Tatum vehicle has been delayed for some time following the departure of director Doug Liman, and with Tatum completing filming of Steven Soderbergh’s upcoming Logan Lucky, it’s possible that it could still happen should a new filmmaker be hired. The New Mutants appears the most optimistic though, as the site notes director Josh Boone could begin filming the project as early as this spring. http://www.superherohype.com/news/385435-fox-already-planning-deadpool-3-featuring-x-force#/slide/1

• Like 3